That's one crazy wizard!

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Codus, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Codus

Codus Well-Known Member

It was late last night when I, Marc Singer, legendary Beastmaster, wandered into the Village of Paws. It had been a long day, the highlight of which was building a modest wooden home in the most wonderful tropical paradise. Very proud of my achievement, and only a little bit braggadocios, I was off to find the wizard Jupiter to show off. And as reliable as the setting sun, he was there in Paws tending to the village.

As it turns out, this beastmaster was weary from my travels and only a tad bit forgetful. As excited as Jupiter was to see my home, he was forced to wait a moment since I left the keys and rune safely stowed with the fine bankers of Britannia. Then Jupiter had a chance to visit those same bankers when I accidentally gated to a town instead of my home. I call this suspense building, though one might call it stupidity.

Finally we arrived at my home which I managed to build inside a palm tree grotto. After checking out the new digs, Jupiter realized where we were and new of something magical to show me. I guess you don't become the worlds most renowned magus without knowing all of the world, eh?

After a very short walk we arrived at small stone circle large enough to hold 4 people, but it was not only people that would be harnessed this night. Apparently these unassuming stones contain the spirits of dreaded Energy Vortex's. If you remember from above, how forgetful I can be, I was unable to call forth any of the vile spirits since, the great friend of animals I am, I left my dragons at Occlo Bank unattended for an hour or so.

Let me take this moment to apologize for any children or [young] folks that might have been scared last evening. I would never intentionally leave my beauties out to eat children unattended like that. Normally, I'd at least be there to make sure they didn't eat to much... Anyway back to the tale.

With the claustrophobic stone circle rendered even smaller with three terrifying purple horrors Jupiter explained the rules of the "game" we were about to play.

1. Jump in
    2. Jump out

And with that lengthy explanation, he jumped in. I was shocked that this was how wizards have fun and yet part of me was intrigued. But even for this accomplished magus, the forces of the pit where to much. Quickly I banished the horrors back from whence they came and resurrected my friend. And then in true forgetful fashion I volunteered to try next. I forgot my wits...

Apparently the real rules where:

1. Jump in
    2. Get resurrected

With the small stone sphere now housing both of our corpses...we tried again!

But then something amazing happened. The wizard triumphantly entered and exited the circle of energy! Then I tried. I was terrified. I was sweating. I almost tripped on the rocks when I entered.... BUT I MADE IT OUT. And then nothing was able to stop us. Into the hellstorm, out again. We both continued to jump in and out of the proverbial fire.

Thinking back this morning, I don't know if this proves our prowess as mages or our insanity as people. Maybe harnessing the arcane powers makes one insane, less fearful of our mortal existence, willing to risk it all for some thrill or another. But either way... I now have a really nice tropical home with the worlds best hopscotch court in my backyard.

Anyone want to come play?

Epilogue:
    As I laid my head down on my pillow and the fog of sleep drifted over me....
    "MY DRAGONS!?!?!?!?!" I screamed as I shot bolt upright. I reluctantly put back on my clothes and headed to Occlo to finally tend to my scaled friends.

(Hey Jupiter... I didn't get any screenshots, but if you did. POST EM!)
    Jupiter, BlackEye, Lord Krake and 6 others like this.
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Ahh, none of the above would I name insanity or stupidity, more in the line of "senior moments"

feeble, if not brave, attempts to build the resistance to magical energies. :)

Serious. A fun tale. Thanks for sharing it.

Westra/Marjo

Governess of WispFelt.

P.S. In case you don't know Codus, Jupiter is the kind fellow whom named me Governess.
    Alice Asteroid likes this.
  3. Vishakt

Vishakt Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Mojo swirleez am nub gaymz!!!! skahun mojo humiez.
    BlackEye, Codus and Alice Asteroid like this.