The 2017 GreenBowl BagBall Tourney (Postponed due to RL schedule)

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Halabinder, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

Hello UOR,

I am in the planning stages of hosting the second bagball tournament of UO Renaissance. The first tournament I hosted back in November of 2014 and it was one of the most exciting gaming experiences of my life despite the fact that my guild's team didn't do well and I didn't play in the tournament myself. We had a total of 8 teams participating last time and a whole bunch of people showed up to watch. One thing I learned was that cramming everything into one day was a bit too much. It is hard for adults to devote 3-4 hours to a game on the weekend. So this time I will be doing the round robin stage on April 22nd and the playoffs on April 29th.

So what is bagball? It's basically playing soccer (if you're from US or Canada) or football (if you're from anywhere else in the world) by dragging a 1000 stone ball around the field and attempting to get it across the other teams goal line. You know, like dragging that heavy pile of ore around while mining. I will provide a link to the first tournament below so you can take a look through there for pictures from the last UOR tournament as well as links to videos and so on from other sources. Please ignore the drama in the end. I assure you all hard feelings have since been resolved and some of the "warring" parties at the end of thread have become my closest friends and associates on UOR.

In terms of prizes and specifics about the tournament, I will be updating this as things progress as I am negotiating the details with the Staff. I was going to host the previous event in my own house, but the staff built a badass stadium right before the event was to take place and we ended up having the event there. The same stadium will be used again. One of my wealthy associates has donated
    2 million gold pieces for this venture so that is where the prize pool starts. Donations are welcome so this prize pool will only grow. There will also be staff made trophies and hopefully some specially named articles of clothing. No guarantees there yet. I am negotiating haha. I will do my best to ensure everyone who enters the tournament leaves with something.

Participation:

This will be a 2v2 event so you will need a team to participate. That being said, if you wish to participate and you're a solo kinda guy (I understand. I'm a solo kinda guy) use this thread to look for a partner ;). I am really hoping that @Taliic and @AnRobot- would enter the tournament to defend their title as the 2014 GreenBowl tournament winners, but I know Taliic has horrible ping and Abe (AnRobot) no longer plays on UOR so "Lumberjacking it" may not be able to defend their title. C'est La Vie as my good friend @shad would say. I am also hoping beyond all hope that my friend @Vlar makes a cameo to help me referee the event like last time.
    It would be ideal if we could have at least 8 teams like last time. 2 groups of 4. Each team gets at least 3 round robin games and top 2 teams advance from each group.
    Anyway, I will update all of this later and post more pictures and stuff. I am not able to do that today, but I am excited and I wanted to get some conversation and HYPE started for this. Absolutely all questions, comments and tomfoolery is welcome. Stay tuned for more info. See the link below for further information on bagball and to see pictures from previous tournament. Thanks for your time and have a wonderful day.

http://uorforum.com/threads/the-gre...y-nov-8th-starting-7pm-1-mil-prize-pool.7418/
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    wylwrk, Jupiter, One and 9 others like this.
  2. Halabinder

3. Halabinder

Reserved also. You know... Just in case...
  4. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

That was a good time, hopefully more teams will enter!!
    Halabinder likes this.
  5. shad

shad Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Wow! Nice event Hala!
    Post this video link asap!!!

Btw, we say "c'est la vie" ! :)
    Halabinder likes this.
  6. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Sounds great
    Halabinder likes this.
  7. Taliic

Taliic Well-Known Member

I would donate some money to the prize pool.
    Halabinder and shad like this.
  8. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Halabinder likes this.
  9. Halabinder

And maybe show up to present the new winners with their rewards? ;)

I'm not gonna lie, if you hadn't helped me with gear and bought the small amounts of ore I mined with the little playtime I had when I came back to UOR, I would probably have given up on UO.

I hold you in the highest regard.

*UOR, when tired of my trolling, feel free to direct your curses at Taliic

@One - working on details but the timing will be Euro-friendly. I know you're in Asia... not a whole lot I can do about Asia timing. I hope to spruce up this thread on the weekend.
    Taliic and One like this.
  10. Taliic

Taliic Well-Known Member

I will do so glady, Hala, and thank you for the kind words. I'm happy I had an impact on others when I played here.
    Halabinder and One like this.
  11. Halabinder

I have been struggling to keep up with increased work schedule IRL. I am actually now booked to work on both of the days I had previously planned to hold this event. I will have to reschedule until work calms down a bit. Sorry for any inconvenience and a big thanks to staff who have been answering my questions and helping me get things sorted out.
    Vandalin likes this.
  12. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

this is 100% awesome. i hope you are able to hold this.

i know the work schedule pain!

I too will help donate to the reward pool should you need any assistance with that.

For everyone who hasn't done this, you should try it! it's very fun! get with a friend and start practicing shuffling an item forward!