The Battle of Spirituality - The Final Shrine

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Alex Caember, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

With great sadness I write to all of you to ask, nay, beg, for your blades, spells, and beloved dragons to put a halt to perhaps the greatest evil that has thus threatened our Realm.

[​IMG]

(image taken from Breaking the Final Seal, read for more context)

The Daemon known to us as Baerron Jael has called forth his Master from the Stygian Abyss, and the fel forces of the world are rallying to his cause. And at these darkest hours one of the most stalwart (if unpredictable and oft times suicidal) champions of Light has returned to us just in time; our good friend Jupiter of Paws.

On the night of April 1st, 9pm EST the entirety of the Realm is encouraged to take up arms against the encroaching menace as it claws its way out of the void it created at the beloved Shrine of Spirituality. Bring your bow, sword, lute, and fire-breathing friends, for it will take the combined might of many if we are to stand even the smallest chance of success.

We need your help.

The Realm needs your help.

Join us at the final battle at the Shrine of Spirituality!

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend this most epically brewing battle. Unlike some of the events past where dragons and such were not brought along, this time anything goes. Dragons, bards, PvP characters, all will be needed, and all are welcome. With several groups of players on both sides and plenty of creatures inbetween, this promises to be a chaotic but hopefully truly epic battle, which has been brewing for months and is the culmination of the eight shrine battles. Don't miss out! If anyone wishes to record the battle for video, that would be greatly appreciated!

Although anything goes, it is recommended that you do not bring anything you feel cannot be replaced. Since this takes place in front of Paws, there will be easy access to a stable master for convenience. Healers will take up stations in the guard tower just to the east. Other necessities and conveniences might be provided as well when the time comes.

April 1st, 9pm EST
    Shrine of Spirituality (Paws)

Please let me know if you have any questions! Thank you!
    eherruh, Eskull, Jupiter and 16 others like this.
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This is going to be amazing.
    Alex Caember likes this.
  3. ElleFeyRa

ElleFeyRa Well-Known Member

I am very much looking forward to this : )
  4. Muguk

Muguk Active Member

HOOWAHH!!! Gloreeyuz Slawtur...*burps*
    Vishakt and Halabinder like this.
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Nootka and Cherie like this.
  6. Alex Caember

Aww, that makes me sad Wylwrk! I assume that means you cannot make it :(
    wylwrk likes this.
  7. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Catalin rattled absently at the chains that were fastened tight by some bedeviled witchcraft. The moment replaying in his mind as Isobel fell to one of the murderous spells of Kalimus’ pupils.

“I’m certain,” he muttered to himself. He was certain he had cured her in time… what corrupted spell could have taken his Isobel? The memory was not clear, and he was certain there was a stolen memory. He shuddered as he recalled with clarity the moments afterwards. The sickening sucking sound his spear made as it was pulled from Isobel’s abdomen. The clink it made as it tapped her bustier as she fell to the ground, their eyes locked in a final, infinitely agonzing gaze.

In the fog of war, it is not uncommon for a friendly blade to find an unfortunate mark, but this was not a frenzied clash of a thousand blades. This was supposed to have been a simple bounty collection: Slay the rogue mages, return their heads to the Occlo magistrates, and retire at the inn with plenty of ale. Try as he might, he failed to convince himself she succumbed to a haphazard thrust.

A menacing laugh interrupted Catalin’s despairing, “It seems the leprechauns beguilement worked better than I had thought. You thought their mischief ended when you slew them? Oh now, was that YOUR spear that pierced your beloved's heart? Yes, and under enchantment or no, you'll have that memory to cherish the rest of your life!”

Catalin lurched at the chains which pulled in retaliation and threw him back upon the ground.

Kalimus found this amusing and laughed again as he proceeded to divulge his plan without any petition, and clearly without any thought that his prisoner would escape his current predicament.

“You’ve no idea what comes for men who don’t serve the void. What you thought you were hunting as a common bounty of some brigandish mages, has been my ruse to harvest organs to offer up to the master when he arrives. Though he is devoid of all human notion such as benevolence and grace, he surely will reward those who feed him by absolution into his being, as opposed to those who will become his defecation.”

Although he doubt he’d ever recover from the loss of a love as pure and passionate as Isobel’s, Catalin was not a stranger to the pain of loss. He had lost countless comrades before today, and he was certain he would lose countless more before he found peace in his lifetime or in the paradise to come.

He grinned past the pain and interrupted Kalimus’ soliloquy, “The air, seems dry in here doesn’t it?” he smacked his lipped as he finished the last word. Kalimus’ expressioned moved quickly from resolute victory to utter shock to sheer rage and then to cognizance of finality all in a single second. He wasn’t even spared a chance to draw a final gasp before the water elemental’s hand condensated into solid form through his chest in a fatal strike and then retracted it leaving a gaping hole through which Catalin could see the Vapor’s master – Jon Snow of Ocllo.

“Good to see you Catalin,” Jon offered a hand and lifted Catalin up then nodded at his retainer and then to the chains. The elemental dutifully struck at the chains. “Sadly, though, I help you out of this predicament only to alert you to another. While we appreciate your assistance in our time of need, you can no longer run from that which beckons you. We few can stay here to keep vigil over the island of Ocllo - the roads to Paws once more need your patrols.”

Catalin thanked Jon for his timely liberation, and knew he spoke true. The village of Paws, absent the grey wizard, needed patrols now more than ever.

*Catalin arrives at Paws after a calamitous expedition with dozens of harrowing encounters that would fill volumes of loricrons and history books if only he had had the forethought to hire a competent bard to accompany him. But, since he compensates me only with bread crumbs and day dreams for my services, this is all you get. He arrives at Paws, and may you ever wonder whatever happened between here and there.

Catalin grumbled as he stepped into the tower. He had hoped to rest a spell in the hospitality wing of the tower, but instead he saw he would have to answer the calling card of Baerron Jael. He did so detest being the arbitrator betwixt Jupiter and the Voidmaster’s puppet, and now what more, he was a scullery maid!

Resiliant though as always, he maid quick work of the chore at hand and collected all of the gutted and mangled corpses into containers. He painstakenly identified each and every torso, limb, and cranium, and as he did he realized precisely what task was next. He knew it was his solemn duty to ensure the were buried in reverence and he trusted in the eternities that their fates would not be bound to serve the Void. Not orc, nor Jerk could stand in his way. (No, seriously, I’m not making this crap up. Some orcs and the Jerk literally tried to impede him!)

But thanks to the assistance of a Samaritan named Tomislav Goode, Catalin buried the final remnants under a Wisp’s somber watch at the Yew cemetery. With his Spiritual cleansing completed, Catalin now stands ready to fight against whatever darkness Baeron's master can muster. Catalin found humor in the fact that this empowering journey was only made possible by the Baerron's hubris, for had he not left all the remains at the tower of Paws, he could not have found a better method to prepare himself for the battle to come!

We shall endure!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To all those who participated in the inspiration of this fun story, please send me a private message and I shall reward you if you would like to receive a share of my breadcrumbs and day-dreams

@Jon Snow
    @Tomislav Goode
    @The Jerk
    @those stupid orcs who tried to kill us

@Baerron Jael you can go to hell.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  8. Alex Caember

I am glad that you have a renewed spirit just in time for perhaps the greatest battle we have yet to face.

Also, it looks as if the orcs have constructed a cabin nearby within the boundaries of Paws...
    eherruh and Jupiter like this.
  9. Baerron Jael

Baerron Jael Well-Known Member

There is no need, for it shall be brought here for all of you to enjoy.
    eherruh, Vandalin and Jupiter like this.
  10. Alex Caember

Bump - this goes down tonight!
    Vandalin likes this.
  11. Alex Caember

The grand battle takes place in about 8 hours!
  12. Jupiter

*in a crowded street corner in the bustling city of Ocllo, Catalin is heard shouting over the tumultuous incantations of explosions and flame strikes by soon-to-be adventurers, thieves, or brigands.*

"The enemy of all life supposes us weak and his servant has named us fools! This day shall surely be remembered as the day we fools stood against the void in firm defiance!

Perhaps in some far distant time, children will laugh and remember this day with practical jokes and attempts to fool one another. For I assure you that humanity will prevail today and beyond to that great distant day, for it shall not end here!

History will, in whatever way it might, forever remember we fools who did not faint. We fools who were not duped. We fools who proved to the eternities that the lord of darkness is the true imbecile to have thought he could shake us from the tree of the eternal!

SuFlare Vitale! Our breath is our life!
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    eherruh, Alex Caember and Cero like this.
  13. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Cero puts down his bottle of ale and steps across the room to a chest against the wall.

"It is time my friend."

Stretching his back he bends and opens the chest, removing a golden blade before walking to his sharpening wheel.
    eherruh, Alex Caember and Jupiter like this.
  14. Jupiter

One hour prior to this event I will lead a group of light bearers on a perilous march. If you plan to be on the side of light (or if you'd like to dabble on both sides) join me at Paws approximately one hour earlier (8 pm est).

i might be a few minutes late, but we will start our march as soon as possible once i arrive.

come with no gear. you will not need it, for where we go, mortal possessions will do you no good.

Bring nothing but your good name and a light in your heart and courage in your gullet!
    Vishakt, Eskull, Keza and 3 others like this.
  15. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

This was a lot of fun, thanks everyone who organized it (and attended)! My first statue.
  16. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

It was great, thank you to everyone who is involved in this event though somehow !!!

Regards,
    Kiryana!
  17. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Thank you to not only everyone involved with putting together tonight's event ... but the whole string of them ... this was a great closing for what I think was an epic adventure!
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  18. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

I wish to thank everyone who joined under my leadership to defeat the enemy! You died all the time, but with me leading the troops we finally turned out victorious!
  19. Eskull

Eskull Member

Franz deserves a monument for his brave resistance. It must be so tough fighting those hordes of enemies all alone!

But seriously, great respect to everyone who organized and attended this and all other shrine cleansing. You are the what make UOR great.
    And very special thanks and my deepest bow to @Pegbyter. You deserve a huge freaking medal for all you've done considering the circumstances!
    Thank you!
    eherruh, Jakob, Vandalin and 4 others like this.
  20. Pegbyter

Pegbyter Active Member

I am truly humbled Eskull for your honorable mention... You are the true dreamers that make all of this possible. I wanted to start a movement that would make a difference in lives of the players; to make them proud to call this shard their home... I can only hope I've succeeded in your eyes.

*bows*
    eherruh, ReZon, wylwrk and 7 others like this.