The Bearded Lady

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by HumVee LS, Apr 6, 2014.

1. HumVee LS

HumVee LS New Member

Hello everyone,

I am about a month and a half in to UOR, and I must compliment Telamon and associates for a reliable and professionally run server. I have tried a couple of the other shard options, but have not found anything as stable and enjoyable as it is here. As well, the community here is very helpful, and has been nice to play with.

Long story short, I played Lake Superior on OSI from 98-04. There was an era in which the following was possible:
    (Due to having changed computers and lost hard drives over the last decade, this image was google sourced)

[​IMG]

The elusive bearded lady.... Some say she is half wolf half woman.... Others want to bonk her over the head and take her home with them.... Regardless of how you feel, she's there - and she's real!

Admittedly this was a bug which OSI did correct, but it did exist for an extended period of time through the T2A days.
    To beard your female characters, you would:

Have a female character!
    Polymorph in to a Human Male
    Use Facial Hair Cream (Which at the time was highly coveted through the clean up Britannia system!)
    Voila! When you return to "normal", your female character is now sporting a goatee, a vandyke, or even a full fledged long beard!

Now I have tested this on UORenaissance to see if it would work; to no avail.
    The cream is usable while a female character, as well as polymorphed in to a male - but it does not change anything.

Some may wonder - Why on earth do you want this? My reason is for nostalgia.

Thanks for the read, all opposed or all in favour?

-Brock
  2. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

To each his own I say. If Brock wants to be a tranny, I support him!
    Vlar, corruption and HumVee LS like this.
  3. HumVee LS

HumVee LS New Member

See! We're Liberal on UOR! :D
    However, if I am PK'ed with a beard, it may be denounced as a hate crime.....
  4. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'm all for this. Even if it were something like a "Magic Hair Growth Cream" as a gold sink from the hair stylist -- I've wanted to add a beard to my bard Menstreluation for ages -- but am not against the idea of simply having the old polymorph trick function.
    HumVee LS likes this.
  5. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

If a man puts on a fancy dress does he not grow boobs?

I say let the ladies have hair wherever they want.
    HumVee LS and Mes like this.
  6. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

*vomits*........dumhed umies.......
    Jupiter, Vlar and HumVee LS like this.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I am much more in favor of a gold sink form of this atrocity. It's a bug, it looks totally stupid and I don't think there's any reason to have it. However, I support nostalgic pangs and suppose that it's not a deal breaker to see it.

Make it cost half a mil, you know, because the pre-Ops need something to work towards.
    Huzke likes this.
  8. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Reason number 4,328 why I can never run a freeshard: I'd code this in to allow it, and then just ban everyone who did it.
    HumVee LS likes this.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sure I'd make the perfect freeshard too. That only I would play. lol