The Faction and Runic Crafting Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Blaise, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello All,
    I've opted to take on a task Telamon requested in IRC earlier, for a Faction Crafting Guide. I've done my fair share of Runic Weapon crafting for Factions so I'll give a basic breakdown of that here and update with Tailoring later.

Runic Hammers are obtained through the Bulk Order Deed Rewards. They can be had in all 8 non-iron ore types, with their own respective property bonuses to weapons crafted with them.
    These ore types and properties are as follows:
    Dull Copper: Durable Accurate (+5 Tactics)
    Shadow: Durable of Ruin (+1 damage)
    Copper: Fortified Surpassingly Accurate of Ruin (+10 Tactics and +1 damage)
    Bronze: Fortified Surpassingly Accurate of Might (+10 Tactics and +3 damage)
    Gold: Indestructible Eminently Accurate of Force (+15 Tactics and +5 damage)
    Agapite: Indestructible Eminently Accurate of Power (+15 Tactics and +7 damage)
    Verite: Indestructible Exceedingly Accurate of Power (+20 Tactics and +7 damage)
    Valorite: Indestructible Supremely Accurate of Vanquishing (+25 Tactics and +9 damage)

Every successfully crafted weapon with the above hammers will contain the respective bonus.

Exceptionally Crafted Runic Weapons:
    When you create an exceptionally crafted weapon with a runic hammer, the property bonus of the hammer WILL STACK with the standard +4 damage bonus for exceptional quality. For example, an exceptionally crafted Bronze Runic weapon will be +10 Tactics and +3 damage as well as +4 damage. This effectively makes the weapon equivalent to a Power (+7 damage) weapon you might normally find on a monster or other. Therefore, it is possible to craft weapons that have a higher damage bonus than Vanquishing (+9), with an Agapite, Verite or Valorite runic hammer. The hammers are harder to come by, the better they are. So be mindful of the failure rate of whatever you might be crafting. You will always get the runic properties but the exceptional crafting bonus is what makes the difference in the end result.

Blessing your weapons (FACTIONS ONLY):
    If you are a member of a Faction that is in currently in control of a Faction Town ( http://www.uorenaissance.com/factionstatus ), you can potentially bless a runic crafted weapon. You will need a skilled crafting character who is a member of the controlling faction, 1000 silver pieces (per blessing) and the appropriate number of ingots of matching ore type to your hammer.
    When you have the requirements, one must simply head to the Blacksmith shop in the controlled town with your faction crafter and, while standing within 20 tiles of the Blacksmith, use the runic hammer to create the weapon of your choice. On successful craft, you will be provided with a gump showing you the quality of the product (exceptional or not), a selection of hue (each faction has a primary and secondary color to select from) and an option button to apply a blessing to the weapon.

If you do not have the requisite silver in your pack, you will not be prompted on craft.

Faction Weapon Blessing lasts for THREE WEEKS from the time of crafting. The blessed item can ONLY be equipped by members of the faction for which it was crafted. Once the blessing wears off, you are left with an unblessed runic weapon that can be transferred to, and used by, anyone.

That should pretty much cover it but I'll be happy to add anything others contribute that is valid here.
    Airin, ReZon, MikeK and 1 other person like this.
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Exceptional durability bonus stacks too, I think.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I make no real mention of it (outside of the basic runic bonus) because it is effectively deprecated data on a shard so flush with Powder of Fortification.
    Thanks though, I hadn't really considered that before.
  4. Peon

Peon Member

When making armor with those hammers will it make them exeptional hard/fort/invuln ect. ? and it is worth it to make armor with the hammers or is that a huge waste?
  5. Dalavar

Armor retains color and gains a bonus based on ingots alone. DO NOT use the hammer to make armor; it adds nothing, but uses up a charge.
  6. Peon

Peon Member

Hrmm ok am I still able to bless armor using the faction silver with just a normal hammer? or is this even worth it either. I'm prolly better off just buying some invuln stuff aren't I?
  7. Dalavar

For the price, it's probably not worth faction-blessing armor. But just my .02. Unless you're talking plate armor perhaps, which actually has a meaningful ingot cost to it. Even then though, 1,000 silver per piece is an awful lot.
  8. Peon

Peon Member

A plate chest piece may be worth it then. Does valorite give more AR than invuln?
  9. Dalavar

Invuln is better.
  10. Peon

Peon Member

Then there is really no point because there is plenty of invuln around. Thats too bad.
  11. nilmer

nilmer Active Member

after the Faction Blessing wears off, Does the item keep its faction color?