The Fallen

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Syphilis_Jack, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Syphilis_Jack

Syphilis_Jack Active Member

Bald Isle was on the horizon, and Jack clutched the poisoned scimitar on his side. His ship, The Revenge, was due to reach land soon. He had to find out if the rumors whispered around the taverns were true. That a tragedy had befallen his pirate comrades and their land swallowed up by the sea, and worse yet, stolen by outsiders. Their leader was gone; perhaps captured at sea and rotting in some dark dungeon where Lord British's finest threw all the worst criminals. Or maybe even worse, if such a fate existed. Or maybe it was the damnable Oracle of Paws that they defiled...

".. the pirates may have had a reason to fear the wretched thing..." he thought.

Jack reached Bald Isle at sundown. As he stepped off the gangplank, his black heart sank as he saw the enormous structure where their beloved tavern once stood, and another off in the distance. Enraged, Jack sank his scimitar in the sand as he fell to his knees.

"I shoulda been 'ere, maybe I coulda kept them invaders off our land..." he muttered. He looked up with murder in his eyes. Jack pulled out his scimitar and crept towards the building, inching along the side, his assassin instinct kicking in. When he reached the steps, he tried opening the door, then trying to kick it in, to no avail. Whoever was inside was asleep in that monstrosity and not alerted to Jack's failed attempts at breaking in.

"Damn them all!" Jack shouted. He continued to walk along the isle until he found the remains of their barracks, greatly worn. Surprisingly, the structure withstood Poseidon's onslaught. He looked around for any signs of the others, but found nothing. He cleared the sand off his bunk, and sat down, putting his head in his hands. His head was pounding with rage. After a while, Jack climbed up the ladder into the main meeting area of the pirates, and their beloved stone. He looked at every name etched into the stone, wondering who was left of his pirate brethren. Perhaps he'd run across the remnants of the Sealords, and extract revenge. Jack took out his dagger, and held it in front of him, watching it reflect the moonlight. He took out his gloves and grasped the dagger, cutting his hand quickly with one pulling motion, grimacing at the pain. He placed his bloody hand on top of their stone.

"I swear to my fallen pirates, and those that may still be alive, upon my blood that I shall not allow any landlubber bastard to fully claim this isle as their own! The Sealords will have their revenge!"

Jack wrapped his bloody hand in a bandage and went back downstairs. "The vultures will circle this place, but they'll not 'ave it!" He laid down on his bunk, facing the door and keeping his sword at bedside. He'd hunt down the invaders relentlessly until the Sealords had their revenge...
    Hadrian, Magnolia, Magnhild and 5 others like this.
  2. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Love the name, lol
  3. newme

newme Well-Known Member

When I'm a sea, shall avoid Bald Isle.

Enjoyed theme . It's fun to peek into the confines of a darker heart now and than.

Thanks. Hope there will be more adventures

Westra:)
    Hadrian and PaddyOBrien like this.