The Giver - a gift of adventure!

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jupiter, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

The holiday season was ended, most of us - excluding perhaps @Baler who was still asleep at Jhelom Tavern - were returning to our daily duties of venturing out into the world to hunt food to feed our families. Yet the great spirit of giving was not quite done yet. There was one final gift that had to be found. A gift that could not be merely packaged in a box and opened in a moment. This gift began with a thought on a page, and opened into something far greater.

The first of the clues were easy enough to follow, the golden Hall of Honor led me straight to Trinsic. I searched all the familiar bookshelves to find something not so familiar - a book by the Giver entitled "A Clue". Well now the game was afoot.

The second clue lead to the Scales of Justice. We searched the Empathy Abby in errant, then we waited for the fall of night to sneak into the Court of Truth to search the shelves there.

The third clue, I'll admit puzzled me sore. I knew there were waters named for Serenity, but for some reason we could not find them. We called for more aid in our quest, and Fooka provided much needed guidance. The waters that feed Justice Falls, if you recall, are named Serenity Lake on the UOR world map!

Then on to Verity Island, where we searched the whole of the Lyceaum, but for realizing that there are more rooms to the north! The Verity clue led us next to the town "naught" of Virtue, this one I believe had us searching the most. There were quite a few towns to be considered, Buc's den perhaps? but it is the city of Chaos, so no. Delucia or Papua? but they have no "ivory structures" or "Palaces" nearby... We searched Wind, but apparently all the mages of Wind have sealed all their bookshelves, so no one can read them!

Then oh! we remembered the city of Pleasure, and of course unmoderated pleasure often leads "naught" to any virtues I know of. So we went to Nujel'm where it stood out bright as day. The Ivory Palace where no throne sits! The final clue, still sits on the table, we were unable to remove it for fear of retribution from the town guards.

We rushed quickly back to the Spiritwood of Paws, and there near the peaceful resting place of our cemetery we found the last clue, and oh what a boon!

I'm not sure who all was involved in this, but it was really great! And you even taught this ol' Wizard a thing or two about mystery and adventures! I might be employing some of these tactics myself!

@k1w1uk
    @fooka03
    @eherruh

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Airin, Zyler, Hollywood and 7 others like this.
  2. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Awesome adventure!
    k1w1uk likes this.