The Ice Defense

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Rayth, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Rayth

Rayth Member

Stumbling upon an interesting missions-library in the fields West of Occlo, I was equal parts curious and determined. This task supposedly required 2+ adventurers! Knowing no one else to help, my trusty steed McCracken would have to count as my partner. After all, what's life without a little bit of added danger?

story.png

I patrolled the interiors of Ice Dungeon for the better part of ten minutes, doing not much more than running from spiders (that's not unusual for me). As I descended deeper into the cavernous hellhole, I came face to face with a most brave warrior. He was single-handedly fighting an onslaught of evil wizards and demons. Knowing this was the task I'd been sent to perform, McCracken and I fought side by side with him. The smell of singed hair and pool of blood growing ever wider across the cavern floor was physical proof of our combined efforts. Through several close calls we fell into an unspoken rhythm, beating back the horde.

story1.png

And just as we both grew weary, realizing that there would always be more of them than of us, we retreated to safety. A quick thank you was passed along, and then the humble warrior made his way back to wherever he had come from.

story2.png

Grateful to have been of actual assistance, I retired for the night... and dreamed of my next mission.
    ReZon, eherruh, Halabinder and 7 others like this.
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

*You receive a missive bearing the seal of the Great Council*

Master Rayth,

Your tale is already spreading through the taverns across the land and in no small part is contributing to a fire being kindled in the hearts of swordsmen and shield maidens alike.

I or Alex Caember shall reward you for your deed next we are able to meet.

cheers

Jupiter
    ReZon, eherruh, Hiro and 2 others like this.
  3. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

A great deed, Rayth. You have the thanks of the Great Council!
    Please send me a message in IRC whenever is convenient for you, or alternately send me a PM here in the forums when a good time might be to meet for your reward!
    ReZon, Hiro, Rayth and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

This story has been added to the oral history of Paws.

MEMORIZED!​