The Kindness of Strangers

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Aeritas, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Aeritas

Aeritas Member

The fight with the Harrower was chaotic. Blood covered the cave floor and the screams of the dying and injured assaulted the senses. Archey tried to steady his nerve as he drew back his bow and took aim at the dark form. As he released his shot a fleeing adventurer bumped into him causing him to loose footing on the slick stone floor. His shot flew wild and buried itself in a mage's calf. Enraged, the mage laid Archey low with a single spell. By the time Archey's spirit was raised and he was able to return all his belongings had been lost. A few moments later victory was had as the fighters of sosaria slayed the harrower!

Some time later Archey was sitting on his steps, recounting the battle with his friends and neighbors when an unexpected visitor appeared. The man introduced himself as Ziggy and explained that he witnessed the stray shot, had quickly gathered Archey's belongings and had come to return them. All present were impressed by the kindness of this stranger, not many would have gone so far to aid one they did not know and such should not go un- noted. So thanks to Ziggy the Kind! I hope our paths cross again and know that you have made more than a few friends among the inhabitants of spiritwood.
    Jupiter likes this.
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

This story warms the cockles of my heart! I dare say even Downs' calloused heart would be moved by this story.

If I am not mistaken I believe Ziggy also fell to similar circumstances however due to the blasted terrain I was unable to recover his this before the ravenous wolves picked him clean.

Why do I mention this? Because it means that Ziggy, despite having received the most deplorable treatment from blues, did not return the same. Instead he rose above the quagmire. Thank you Ziggy!

- Jupiter Greystone
  3. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Giggdy