The lost path - Village of Paws with Brymstone

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jupiter, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Adventurers in this tale
    Balm
    Jake
    Zangar
    Tomah of Thamara
    Zim
    Villis Soln
    Felshernur
    Sherm Stic

=====================================================================================
    The trail had run cold. Jupiter had tracked the father of the merchant girl as far as he could, but the trail had run cold with the clue that he had found, “Upon the ship whose sails are filled by the aether winds, only those with shrouds of ghosts, shall be carried hence. The treasure lies where no mortal can find, unless death be their guide.”

Jupiter stared at the green scroll in his hand and stewed over this puzzle. How he could fulfill the quest, and save the merchant girl’s father, if the father had traveled where no mortal can go…

A sudden chill filled the tower, it was a familiar chill, and one which Jupiter never knew if it was fortunate or foreboding.

“Grey Wizard, my presence has been summoned. But we warned, the service that I will provide will come at a price.”

Startled, asked to the shadows, “Brymstone, your offer is, might I say estimable, but by what means are you summoned hence?”

A slender white bone stretched out of the darkness and pointed to the green scroll, “The words written upon that parchment are of a nature that beckons me when they are read aloud.”

“Are you the offering your services as a guide to help us traverse this voyage through the realm of death and shadows?” Jupiter inquired of the ancient figure of bones.

“Are you certain you wish to pay the price, and pursue this futile quest?” Brymstone rarely could provide any form of a straight answer. Jupiter wasn't surprised really.

“And what price is required to hire your services?”

“Nine,” the wind around Brymstone’s massive skull seemed to swirl, “the price is nine. I will serve as a guide for no less than nine mortal souls.”

====================================================================================

upon a ghost ship somewhere between the shroud of life and death

“I serve as a guide no further. From this point, ye mortals must follow your path without my assistance,” Brymstone’s announcement was brief and provided little encouragement to the eight who now stood groggy and weary from the voyage.

Before Jupiter could raise a protest, Brymstone vanished, but looking down, he saw a glimmer of hope. The ancient warrior had left them provisions; albeit meager provisions, but they would serve to help them survive!

“Quickly everyone, grab what you need and let us proceed! If we wish to ever make shore upon the land of the living, we must vanquish the dread pirate captain aboard this vessel of the damned!”

The warriors all fought for their lives; the flames of their courage were stoked by their oath to find the merchant girl’s father.

Several times, the crew of the damned pushed them back, but they did not falter, and the dread Pirate captain perished. Jupiter couldn’t help be admire those who had dared to follow him upon this lost path.

With the ship cleared of the undead pirates, Jupiter would be able to search the entire ship, for clues of the merchant girl’s missing father, if he had indeed made it this far…

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Treasures awarded for this adventure:
    An ancient treasure chest (shadow color)
    some platinum for each adventurer
    A ridiculous amount of fun

Oh yeah and however much gold and loot everyone could manage to hold from the chests.
  3. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

I am glad to see that your party prevailed, not many are that fortunate.

I am somewhat intrigued by what business a merchant's daughter would have with a ghost ship, but that I am sure is a story for another day.

Be steadfast in your quest grey one, I have an interest in what secrets this merchant may yet possess, if he is in fact still alive.

Oh, and as for our "agreement" I will hold payment upon account. If, however, you are able to complete this quest I may accept information gained from your journeys in place of the nine souls.
    Lestat and Jupiter like this.
  4. Lestat

Lestat Active Member

Ah, looks like it was a fine adventure. Wished I cold have joined you all.
    Jupiter likes this.
  5. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It was great. I enjoy the "start with nothing" quests the most, and this was very difficult = very fun!

Good to see some new people there that I had not encountered before and make some new friends.

And the father of the merchant girl has yet to be found..... we have been looking for him for some time. I fear that malevolence is afoot...
    Jupiter likes this.
  6. Lestat

Lestat Active Member

i shall go by the inn in Trinsic and pay for another week for her stay. She may be there awhile.
    Jupiter likes this.
  7. The Musician

The Musician Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor