The Lost Pot of Gold II (BlackEyes version)

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by BlackEye, Jan 23, 2015.

1. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This is part 2 of the story Random shared with us here http://uorforum.com/threads/the-lost-pot-of-gold.8679/ . Told from my perspective (BlackEye).

I woke up and minded my usual business:

[​IMG]

Until, I felt somehow uncomfortable. Something like a disturbance in the force! As if another thiefs mind was about to explode! Into a million tiny pieces!

[​IMG]

Well, I could not get away fast enough from the gravitational pull of the potential thieving glory. This disturbance was dragging me with its unstoppable might and I was beginning to disappear from Moonglow. What was happening and where did I appear? Had it something to do with the captive soul of a necromancer called Xsi?

[​IMG]

Oh my! I soon realized that my mysterious emergence in this astonishing place, led to the disappearance of the mind that called me! And I needed him on this strangely luxurious place as a guide. Else I would certainly be lost. But how to get him in? I lacked the necessary skill in magery, as this humble thief just recently had begun to fumble with the arcane skills. There was only one way, I had to visit the library very stealthily! I saw that there was a beautiful lady, scribbling on parchment. And I wasn't sure, if she would appreciate being disturbed. She looked so focussed on her task and therefore I didn't dare to hail her. I am sure she will forgive me this rudeness.

After searching through many chests and bags containing scrolls with hieroglyphic signs, I finally found magic scrolls entitled "Gate Travel"! What an immense amount of luck! I went quietly to a more secluded place in order to follow the silence rules that are obligatory in these halls of wisdom.

[​IMG]

I opened a portal and was astonished to feel the presence of a very dear friend of mine stepping through the gate. Although that shadowy person had unfamiliar looks, I was certain to have Acaelus/Random at my side. With him as guide, I felt confident enough to scout this glorious place. We split up and were astonished, well, even stunned by the wealth we encountered. I was instantly sure, this place would have easily earned the 1st place in any Best Decorated House Contest! ;)

[​IMG]

Soon I stumbled into a place for tailoring and found something that is very dear to me and to many other ecological-aware, nature-loving open-feet-shoewear fetishists: Sandals!
    Dear audience, I have to consider my sins! I admit that I could not resist, and instantaneously stuffed my bags full with them. :eek: There were also some green books that looked like a nice reading in quiet hours when there was nothing to do. Here, I took the ones that looked especially big and full with me. They looked dusty, and I was sure, nobody would miss them.

[​IMG]

The best of it was yet to come! After some more rummaging, Random and me found a treasure room that nearly blinded us and took parts of our vision. Adrenaline rushed through our brain and veins. Eye slits narrowed and we could not make out anything.

[​IMG]

I honestly can only remember tiny bits of the following events. Thinking about it, we must have triggered some kind of trap: Maybe it was the legendary exceptional trap of bling-bling-vision-removal-and-heart-attack-causer? We will probably never know.

We took what we could carry and what we thought to be worth our attention. It was a hard task to decide, and most certainly we did not optimize our loot-weight-worth ratio. But that was not important. We managed to get into one of the most beautiful places on this shard. We tried not to destroy the decoration, and on purpose did not touch any memory related items like named trophies. Our bags were full and we were happy enough, when finally (while I tried to lift a very heavy potted tree) the owner of this place arived in the courtyard of her domicile. Considering our full bags and our very happy smiles (which would only have hurt our face muscles if they were any broader), we took our leave and started sorting out the crazy goods we acquired.

Before we called the day over, Acaleus (Random) and I met for a final picture posing in our novel pink sandals. Yes, indeed, this was a glorious day for our rogueish kind and a story hopefully worth to be told for a long time to following generations of thieves.

[​IMG]

Results: Very hard to estimate, as there were uniques like (bola) ballz and some more involved. I estimate something between 15mil to 20mil (or even more). Anyway this is not the sum that we finally negotiated with the original owner of the items. We bargained for a mutual agreement that hopefully satisfies every faction and might be the topic of another (final) post.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    Rheanon, Senzek, Xegugg and 5 others like this.
  2. The hound

The hound Active Member

Awesome!!

Question:

Part one you clearly defined how you got in.. dumb luck. The guy actually opened agate to ghe insidd of his unsecured fortress? Wow

Part two how exactly did you get back in?

It was kind of vague ? I'm guessing the same person who opened gate inside his unsecured fortress left a key duplicate to his house inside??
  3. Random

Random Well-Known Member

This is how much BlackEye is sneaky and shady. He get into places.

Don't even try to figure out how.

He's like beach sand and always end up finding a way in your pocket.
  4. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

If you actually found a gate scroll in the house to use to get another char in there with you, that is maybe the greatest thing I've ever heard.

Also I thought I saw some weird post the other day talking about 2.3M in gold and 5 houses and some other randomness. Seems to have disappeared, but perhaps that was the sum settled for?
    Halabinder, Random and BlackEye like this.
  5. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

I admire your fast reasoning and forum alertness, Dal. You are right, that is a hell of a great story. At least the library was very well equipped and sorted. It didn't take too much time to get some gate scrolls. ;)
    Jupiter and Random like this.
  6. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Sorry Avery :(

Props for selling it back and not being d-bags, at least.
    Jupiter and Halabinder like this.
  7. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

:oops:
    I feel like I've been caught with my drawers down.....

Thanks to Random and Blackeye for negotiating the return of my items. I really appreciate it. And to Dimas for being a hell of a nice person.
    Senzek, Vlar, Jupiter and 3 others like this.
  8. STAVROGIN

STAVROGIN Well-Known Member

wow...
    Jupiter likes this.
  9. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

and this is why there is no non-secure container in my house lol
    BlackEye likes this.