The Murderer Bartimus

Discussion in 'Adventure Time [A^T]' started by Blaise, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Bartimus,
    From the moment of this posting, you are forthwith banished from the Land of OoO. Your transgressions have gone too far and taken too great a toll on our own people. People you treated as brothers and sisters in arms many times, have sufferred much at your hand and those you choose to accompany. I have turned a blind eye for the sake of the role you play in the lands, but no longer do I see this role befitting of a member of Adventure Time.

You have moved on and taken the next step wherein amends cannot be made. Tactics and practices based solely on grief and intent to cause anger and outburst are not welcome. You have known this and as such, none of what I'm saying should be any shock to you. There is no need to name names, cite examples or detail your nefarious exploits in support of my decision. I assure you, the only reason you have remained in our company so long was purely your ties to me.

Your characters are being removed from the stone(s) and are all deemed enemies of the Land of OoO. I will hold no charge for any murder you suffer or loss you may experience as a result of this action.

Sincerely,
    Blaise, King of OoO
  2. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

Goodbye Everyone. I hope none of you take my dastardly actions personal. They weren't meant to be. If I have caused you grief I apologize. I would like to maintain an open relationship with everyone here. Goodbye A^T I had a great time playing with you! Take care everyone and be safe out there. ;)
  3. Anti Saint

Anti Saint Member

Did you guys have rough make up sex after this?
  4. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Giggidy
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

We had rough sex, but we did not make up.
  6. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

I would like fair due process to be removed from A^T. I have been with the guild since Beta and deserve a fair shot to defend my position in the guild. I will hire representation and anyone trying to see my out of the guild can show up and speak their piece during my trial. I was removed rather suddenly with no chance to defend myself or my actions. I feel a trial is in order to show beyond a reasonable doubt I am guilty of the actions I am being accused of or on the other side, innocent.
  7. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

I think Bart deserves a chance to defend himself and anyone in guild should be able to provide their input and/or say their piece. Honestly, it comes down to what is one's personal definition is of grief, what is fair game, etc and how does the AT play-standard apply to other non-AT characters. I need to read up again on the expectations of being in this guild and the application of those standards to your non-AT characters.
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

First and foremost, I would like to state quite clearly, this is a monarchy and the king's word is final.

That being said, in consideration of your long standing membership in the guild and the word of a few of your peers, I will hold a trial to allow you an opportunity to defend yourself and state your case. I will give you a word of warning however that there is little acceptance of your behavior in our ranks. I will not ignore the voices of our people and will value the word of the good, over those with criminal intent or practice. Your actions have been the subject of several reprimands, albeit only verbal. Many hold their tongues knowing we are close in many ways *Slayer*, but I assure you, there is little love for the misgivings you are held accountable for.

I will consult with our people and determine the best time to hold your trial. You will be notified well enough in advance to prepare your case.

Sincerely,
    Blaise
  9. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

After consulting with the accused, I volunteer my services as legal counsel in this matter.
  10. Jebidiah

Jebidiah Active Member

Please inform me of the date as well I will donate a scribe to take down notes in court and if necessary be any legal counsel as well.
  11. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

/me throws name in hat to be a prosecutor
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Attorneys and stenographers....man the RP is thick in here.

/removes pantaloons
  13. Jebidiah

Jebidiah Active Member

It should be held in the A^T guild hall with the largest opening; Blaise.
  14. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

*proceeds to rewatch Suits.
  15. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the MAGNA CARTA existed circa Sosarian Age. I believe this came about several eons after the mythical age of legends and lore....

(Manga Carta)
    The 1215 charter required King John of England to proclaim certain liberties and accept that his will was not arbitrary—for example by explicitly accepting that no "freeman" (in the sense of non-serf) could be punished except through the law of the land, a right that still exists.

I'd like to be on the Jury!!!
  16. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  17. Jebidiah

Jebidiah Active Member

amends sometimes only go so far... understanding circumstances and being judged by such and making amends after can ease more
  18. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member

Place me where needed.
  19. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

LOL Hate, somewhere near a block of wood wearing a black hood, whilst wielding an axe?

I may, or may not, compose a jury comprised of members of the community. However, I find it highly unlikely I will be able to find enough willing citizens unbiased in this situation. Chances are, most will just want their blood for blood.

As I see it, I'm providing a path to freedom from my whim and word, for the accused to move forward with their own path, aligned with their own ideals of what contributions, or detriment, they choose to bring to the lands. I started a simple warrior in another time and another land, only to find myself led, joined and followed by the greatest people I have yet to know. I never hold requirements for my friendship, so long as it is returned. However, I have standards I wish to be upheld which have roots in the very foundations of Adventure Time. These roots run deep to the core of what I personally consider the heart of the kingdom, me and my two closest partners in these lands, the Lady Avery, the Lord LesClaypool. Generally I do not take comfort in speaking as the only leader of these lands, even after declaring myself king, of all things. I confide in these two with everything and their word is the balance of my occasionally chaotic hand. I love all of our people as I hope they feel the same way we do, even knowing there's not a chance we are all the same! There's variety to be had, which is why our brother Bartimus was still loved and accepted by our people, for the most part. The word, will and desires of all the people of Adventure Time, and even those outside kingdom, are not to be ignored. In fact, being a man of the people, I have spent many, many hours listening to the lament of the recently deceased.

I do try my best to accept that we are all of many potential personas in these lands, and not have people beholden to them all as one. However, when your status is such of the most known and active murderer in the world since the Day of Launch, over one year ago, it is impossible to ignore.

Again I ramble. The point of it all is that as much as we may love or hate bartimus, he has gone beyond what the kingdom can accept within the ideals of being good and providing great things to the lands for the benefit of all. Enough. He will have his say. As I find the time here in the coming weeks, I will make it known the nature and status of the trial.

Sincerely,
    Blaise
  20. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

This made me literally lol.