The Northern Watch **VoP**

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by The Watch, Oct 8, 2016.

1. The Watch

The Watch Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Note from the Proprietor:

This is an active construction site. Please, mind all hazard markers and stay in the designated walkways. Wear head protection at all times (recommend a round helm or stronger, some of these spruce cross beams are massive).

The Northern Watch is slated to open in a month, maybe less. The first floor will function as a welcome hall, dining area, and hospitality kitchen. The weary rangers of the North will be able to find a warm place to share an ale, eat a meal, and catch some rest from their travels. We're working on the Council Hall on the second floor and need a few wall hanging shields and maybe braziers to finish it. The third floor will consist of the armory and the Warden's Chambers. The roof will serve as a training ground and craftsman's work area that will accommodate a village fletcher, smith, tailor, tinker, and an apothecary.

Our goal is for the Northern Watch to serve as a frontier outpost for the Village of Paws. Our doors, once they are finished and hung from the hinges, will always be open to the weary traveler. This is just a sneak peak of what's to come....

Signed,

Luthain of Brae
    Warden of the North

1st floor: The kitchen is almost finished... need a large forge to build an impromptu cooking hearth, a few runebooks for a small rune library to go on the oak table to the far left, and maybe a tapestry, or some carpet tiles, or something to soften all that stone.

[​IMG]

2nd Floor: This is the Council Chamber. The table is almost finished.... gonna get a few books to spread around. "The Virtues" by Lord British and similar titles. Also going to be looking for a few hanging shields and a tapestry of Sosaria for the wall between the lanterns... Progressing nicely, though...

[​IMG]

I know most people don't post up pics until the deco is complete, but I like showing the process. Plus, this is my first crack at decorating a large house like this from scratch in a long time. Let me know what you guys think.
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

i feel safer already!
    The Watch likes this.
  3. The Watch

The Watch Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Here's an update on the deco. The first floor still needs some touch ups. I'm working on the small rune library that will go on the Western Table.... Also going to build a small treasure trove under the first stairwell (secured containers, of course *wink wink* ;) ).

1st Floor:

[​IMG]

2nd floor Council Hall. I still need a couple of tapestries and a couple of hanging shields. 2 braziers would be good too, but I am low on funds at the moment...

[​IMG]

3rd Floor Armory and Mage's Workshop... Still in progress.

[​IMG]

Still a work in progress, but progressing rather nicely, I think. I may turn the roof into a dueling area and pvp training area.... debating what to do with it.
    Jupiter and Lord Krake like this.