The Reds 10 Commandments

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Andrakus, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Andrakus

Andrakus Well-Known Member

After a long days work of merking I traveled through the caverns beneath Buccaneers Den to rest. As I searched for a safe place to lay my head I came across 2 Tablets of stone with engraving upon them. Red light illuminated around them. These mysterious tablets were labeled "The Reds 10 Commandments" and stated the following:

As I looked over them... I thought hard about the ideals that lay on those tablets of stone... It occurred to me that there is a superior way to do much of the merking that I enjoy in Sosaria. And I decided to adopt this code for myself and some friends of mine agreed.

Those who have agreed to adopt this code have signed below.
    Claude Giroux
    Lucio

Joe Musashi
  2. Andrakus

3. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I can't agree with 1 and 2 enough. If you want someone to come after you , make it worth it. I used to hunt pks but it got boring because they would just rez and kill again 5 minutes later. The era of pks like Pork Fried Rice needs to come back, reds need to grow a pair and either rez in statloss or macro counts only in death
    One, NCCML and Andrakus like this.
  4. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

Just loot me when you kill me regardless of the bounty. I think that's so stupid.

Snowflakes.
    PaddyOBrien and NCCML like this.
  5. Andrakus

I prefer to solo PK. I think when it comes to pking it should involve a lot of risk. At a certain level dying and losing whatever regs, wands, leathers on me doesn't really hurt me much. However, dying with 20 short term counts ends up costing me time playing that toon and likely my bounty of honor.

Done-- Whats your toons name?
    PaddyOBrien, eherruh and One like this.
  6. TreeHugger

Well I've got 15. If you PK and loot me, I wont bitch. I might be the only one on the server it seems. Don't leave the house with shit you're not prepared to lose.
    PaddyOBrien and NCCML like this.
  7. Andrakus

Great. and I agree. So feel free to PM me your toons names if you'd feel better that way.
  8. TreeHugger

I'm not doing it. I want you to kill and loot everyone.

I'll give you a hint. My main is Tree Hugger.
  9. TreeHugger

Actually, you know what I'd like to see added to this?

If you outnumber a SINGLE player (tamer or not) of MORE than 3:1. Run by. Unless there's history.

Population is growing. Would be nice to see some of these guys stick around. Big complaint is having 4-5 PKs drop a single farmer. Looting or not it's frustrating as hell that even if you DID want to fight back, there's no point.

If there's a double box, triple box, two players, etc... fill your boots.
    PaddyOBrien and Salick like this.
  10. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I couldnt agree more. I pretty much always loot, and I fully expect to be looted when I get killed. That's UO.
  11. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

This is a really great code, although I'll agree with above comments approving of looting. Especially if you're refraining from killing the same person twice in a six hour period I don't think it's unreasonable to loot. I used to loot when I PKed. I got someone last year and looted them.

Agree with the suggestion not to gank solo non-tamers, although I strongly encourage ganking tamers because they have war machines.

Also I like the part about not refusing duels but I don't think a red in stat-loss should have to be used in a duel, appropriate to use a blue for that purpose.

Anyway, kudos on a noble proclamation which exalts the time-honored tradition of PKing without excessively contributing to population loss.
    WarrenBuffet likes this.
  12. Andrakus

I have nothing against looting. I think the 1k or greater bounty ( totally ripped off from @merlin8666 post ) helps in a few ways.
    1) It makes it more challenging for the PK. Its exciting to see how high bounties can go like @merlin8666 recent 100k bounties have shown.
    2) it encourages others to fight back against you for fame and fortune. I'd like to see bounty hunters become a viable profession here.
    3) I usually don't really need peoples loot. At this point in the game for me it's kind of irrelevant. Sure its nice but its more of an afterthought. I'd rather challenge myself with bounties and how far i can push it while in stat.

I also think killing the same person in the same spot over and over is pretty lame and not challenging... Unless there is a specific beef against them in which they'd be classified as enemies and it doesn't matter anyway. I have traditionally just given people a 24 hour pass after i kill them farming a spot once.

Also, i think a duel should not be refused but it doesn't say you have to duel with the same toon (especially when in stat).
    eherruh and One like this.
  13. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

That 10th commandment looks very familiar :)
    Andrakus likes this.
  14. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I think this is an appropriate time to share my own personal favorite PK saga, involving the only briefly present and now long-departed Dungeon Guards guild and the legendary sociopathic murderer Lord Pork Fried Rice, banned many moons ago for refusing the shard owner's order to kill fewer people and for his very public protest against being asked to do so.

http://uorforum.com/threads/dungeon-guards-dg-meet-deceit-defeat.12988/

Further adventures can be found in the Dungeon Guards guild sub-forum or by performing a Google search for "Pork Fried Rice" site:uorforum.com .
    eherruh and Hollywood like this.
  15. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

@One thanks for sharing history, love reading about PFR. It was thanks to his guide and posts that I turned PK and hope to follow the legend's footsteps.
    One likes this.
  16. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

If i could suggest one rule to the list is:
    1-If you kill someone or if your group killed someone from the other group dont show up after you left the battlefield with your blue char to say things like "thanks for your spear" or something similar.

This kind of thing only shows how imature you are. Is pathetic.
    Andrakus and Kiryana like this.
  17. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

It was exciting when PFR was stalking the dungeons. He nearly killed me one day in the harpy area then I logged into my PvP char and waited in ice, then he showed up and I got the drop on him. I stayed alive and remember my heart racing when I had him at 0 percent and he was able to recall away... He had like 400+ short terms too. It would have been my biggest PvP victory ever lol
  18. Andrakus

Likewise. Actually, i believe thats how i found UOR in the first place. I was feeling nostalgic and looking up info about UO as i remembered it. I found his "how to be a PK" and decided to start playing here.
    One likes this.