The Wizard of Oz (Buttersworth Clan)

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Kexle, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Kexle

Kexle Active Member

It is official. The Buttersworth Clan has arrived on Renaissance to help people clean their houses out. A little spring cleaning as we approach the month of April.

Old Mrs. Buttersworth was wandering around houses in Trinsic when she noticed a yellow brick road. Amazed and confused by the imagery she followed the road meandering around until she clicked her shoes three times together....and wasn't in Kansas anymore Todo. She then came to a small tower. Amazingly, she found that it was left open. There was a man in the tower but he seemed to not of been paying attention by Mrs. Buttersworth crafty stealthiness. This man's name is none other than "Oz." He had security set upa round the ladder to his second and third floors however, one of the tables was not locked down. There were many containers that were locked down but not secure. Mrs. Buttersworth found it helpful to rid the Wizard of Oz of his messy tower. Needing help to relieve Oz of his goodies, she called me for help, my name being, Driffle Drop. So I driffle dropped in and found lots of items to cleanse:

- 2k of each reg
    - 50k in gold just laying around
    - vanquishing pack of weapons
    - 3k Aids

Put yourselves in our foot, open house, free items, we had to clean it out for him :). After moving everything through a gate on the second floor in front of the Wizard of Oz himself, we decided to take some pictures of us in the tower, which you will see below. We then left and returned 12-15 hours later and the tower had been deeded up and there was nothing there. It had vanished forever, back to the land of the mysterious Oz, never to be heard of again......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And.....hours later...The Emerald Tower vanished back to the land of Oz

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    Amph likes this.
  2. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

i miss cA
    Jupiter likes this.
  3. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Agreed. This same old template of "we're really good" is really old.

I'm not against your house clearing, just against the ad nauseam rehashing of the "good guy" theme. I would have enjoyed this more if it had just been pictures

Pro tip: people like new ideas not knock off brands. Why not make buttercream gang a true band of outlaws? Your stories will probably be much more interesting and won't seem like cheap cA knock offs.

(sometimes I almost believed they wanted to make a difference... This just makes me want my five minutes back)
  4. Kexle

Kexle Active Member

I'm sorry our intention was not to say we're really good at all. I mean, the guy left his house open so it's not like it was "hard" or anything, I just thought it was funny he left his door open and everything unlocked, then moved his small tower afterward.

I don't know what the "good guy" theme is, I didn't think stealing from people was considered "good." I also do not know who the buttercream gang is so I don't understand that reference.

I know who cA is I didn't know they had been on this server, I thought they were on another server, we worked with them a few times on the other server, but we posted stories like these on the other server as well. I don't particular care if theyre original or not lol.

The cool thing is that we wrote something that someone thinks actually wasted their time- which is great. I only hope in the future we can continue to waste more 5 minutes out of peoples' time.

So we'll continue writing and people will ignore it or not. doesn't matter much lol. :)
  5. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

"We're here to help", "We're really a good house cleaning service." This is the 'good guy' theme.

Why not paint the picture like you burst into the guys home, pillaged him clean, and then roughed him up a bit? You scared him so bad he ran back to Oz?

Any of these would have presented a better premise for an A-grade story!

Also, the quoting effortless quoting of the items looted is just classless and appears to be a clear cry for attention.

You know, the PvP'ers post their 'killshots' and 'brag shots' posts in Trash talk. This post is basically house looting PvP and less of a story. Hey look at us we got stuff, and this guy quit."

As the official and self-proclaimed UO:R Free-Writing Professor, I fail you on this. If I had known you were going to submit this in front of the whole class I would have recommended you instead pull your pants down and walk through the hallways; I tentatively propose that might have been less embarrassing than this..
    Gnarl and Basoosh like this.
  6. Kexle

Kexle Active Member

7. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

so so suck my tow all the way to mexico?
  8. Kexle

Kexle Active Member

9. Kexle

Kexle Active Member

oh yahhh gimme that yummy foot murk. gimme some of that "good guy" buttercream footie fop. nothing wrong with a good foot fetish. dirrrrtyyy foot dirty. clean it off. clean it off. clean it off. touch foot touch it.gimme those footsies toesies yumyum touch it back ....touch it back again!

10. Amph

Amph Active Member

Last edited: May 19, 2014
    Kexle likes this.
  11. Kexle

Kexle Active Member

I AM A GOOD GUY. I DO GOOD GUY THINGS. GOOD GOOD. GUY GUY. GUY GOOD THING. PUT YOURSELF IN FOOT. GOD. CONSIDER WAYS. PUT YOURSELF ALL THE WAY IN FOOT. GUY GOOD.

I COPY PEOPLES' STYLES AND WRITE THEM FOR FOOT, GOOD GUY WAYS. BUTTERCREAMS AND GANGLY GANGS. GIMBLE.GOOD GUYS.

FOOT.
  12. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

This is why the living perplex me so. These fledling rooks picking at the carcasses of anemic opportunity, good, bad, material or immaterial it all ends with the imposition of charity or goodwill applied to misdeeds. Simply steal if you are a thief, kill if you are a brigand or die if you are a coward. You all crossover eventually and all is for naught.
    Marbles, Aeritas and Kexle like this.
  13. Kexle

Kexle Active Member

FOOT.
    BUTTERCREAM.
    TOES.
    GOOD GUY.
    SHILOH.