There is no metal here to mine.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Tater Salad, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Edit - whiny
  2. Aegis

Aegis Member

the change to mining doesn't bother that much; what i'd like to see is an option to mine only basic metal ingots; all these colors are a pain and slow me down!
  3. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

@Tater, I wasn't happy with the 8 x 8 mining resource change at first either as it didn't jive with what I thought I remembered about mining. But then I researched it and found out that the 8x8 resource square system is, in fact, exactly how it is supposed to work. Memory fail.

http://notabenoid.com/book/23885/81199

http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/sk ... ning-essay

@Aegis - lock your mining skill at 64.9 and you'll never see a single pile of colored ore. It takes at least 65 to mine dull copper.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Personally, my first thought on taking up mining again here was that I was getting way too much ore. Not that I was gonna complain about a few ore piles or so. I was also quite shocked having done only a single lap around my alcove in the North Mines, to be able to mine the same veins again! This, combined with the 5x shovel macro, is capable of pumping out a pretty significant amount of ore with very little risk. Add into that the fact that people run Recall miners too, sheesh.

I just did another lap around the tower, but I didn't try to make a second run. I think I only pulled like 30-40 ingots fewer than runs prior to the patch.

Meh.

Then again, I'm only 64.2 Mining right now.
  5. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

edit - also whiny
  6. Robbbb

Robbbb Member

It's Perfected
  7. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

You left out Provocation, which was a bigger deal to me than all of that put together.

1 person likes this comment
  8. Gharik

Gharik Active Member

The NPC guilds are on the list to be fixed. Now that Rammar has more time to devote to UOR, I'd imagine it'll be ready soon enough.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Make that 2.
    Most of the things that have been 'nerfed', should have been. I too balked at the Concussion blow change, as at the time it was a hard blow to those who used it, and were already suffering from the 'AR Bug' and until just recently, some other calculations for the Lumberjacks. Balance does not come the moment you jump on the line, it takes practice and adjustment over time (steps forward).

We're getting there and it's feeling better all the time, despite the growing pains. I really think that taking the 'easy' away, is really a good thing. This is easy enough with Razor. Is not getting a thousand ingots an hour or being able to completely smear non-mages by using wands looted with a bard/tamer/LP, such a horrendous problem? I don't always agree with the exact changes here, but I do try to give them time to see how they pan out. The right course is bringing it up for discussion to see if we can come up with some good reasons why it should or shouldn't be changed.

This/That does/doesn't suck, is generally not a good enough reason.