Thoughts of a 2 day old character

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Mr. Mahony, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Mr. Mahony

Mr. Mahony Active Member

So, I am two days in and decided to make a tamer as my first character. I see a few guides here say a tamer is generally a thrid or fourth character but ultimately I will probably only have playing time for at max two characters. I favor pvm, because I enjoy to run a shop at some point, and my pvp skills are lackluster. Ive been watching Kezas gameplay and damn do 7 frenzied ostards/hellcats look awesome.

Enough ramble in my two days of playing as a young character I will have made $85k on my tamer, I got pretty lucky and found 3 of the zoo keeper animals to sell to players. So soon Ill have my first house to help train skills up. I was amazed at what I can do at the very start, I expected to give in after 3 hours and set up the afk macroes for everything.

Ultimately for anyone wanting to play uo:r make what you want to play, because pretty soon my scorpion army will be farming all kinds of gargoyles, daemons, and titans to garner me wealth as I progress my tamer to be lord of cats and birds.
    newme, Canis, One and 10 others like this.
  2. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  3. Ogtor

Ogtor Member

Don't let the guides talk you out of your dreams! If you look hard enough you'll find arguments against all your template ideas. I started a couple characters all at once, a Lumberjack/peace/axer, a tamer, and a crafter (who isn't very accomplished). The peacer allowed me to farm beneath Occlo, which is especially easy with "Young" status, and fund the training of my tamer's magery. Not a big deal at all! What kind of character setup you planning Mr. Mahony?
  4. Mr. Mahony

Mr. Mahony Active Member

I am planning on

Med
    mage
    taming
    vet
    lore
    music
    disco

Big game hunting looks really appealing. Plus I think disco should help offset the hp of single slot tames.
  5. Ogtor

Ogtor Member

Sounds solid to me! I've got the same thing but with provocation. It's pretty fun. Though when I've run into boss monsters I've dreamed of disco. Haha.
  6. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

My tamer is the same. Except provo and disco instead of med.
  7. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Also, check the guide for young tamers. Seems to be MUCH easier than when you become a vet
  8. Mr. Mahony

Mr. Mahony Active Member

Alot of it is out dated

You cant tame spiders in the wizard tower anymore
  9. Ogtor

Ogtor Member

Yeah, there isn't much to be done as a young player after a certain point. There are some bulls around and the giant toads in the sewers are one of the higher difficulty options. The hellcats are untamable and you can't tame Smaug anymore either. And the giant spider that use to spawn in the dungeon with the Ratmen doesn't spawn anymore. I was still able to get it up pretty high before I had to relinquish my young status to go to Jhelom bulls.
  10. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Oh, ok! I don't think Occlo was there when I started, just thought it might be helpful.