time for a change, Server switch, but...

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jager, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Jager

Jager New Member

well im in the midst of trying to find a new server to play on, ive heard a lot about this one but im having issues right away, #1 i can stay logged in for about 5 seconds before my game crashes, #2 trying to get on IRC to help myself with issue #1 and its not connecting, #3 i cant seem to find a discord channel for you guys anywhere to eliminate problem #2 and fix problem #1. And im sure ive made accounts here in the past so just wondering if theres a way to find out if there still around or was there an account wipe done? any information would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Jager
  2. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Well that's a very uncommon issue to have, especially if it's the IRC channel which isn't even on the same network and is totally unrelated to UOR. It would be a safe bet to say that it's probably some error on your end: your isp, or local connection. Are you using the client downloaded from the website here?

You should start by running a tracert to the servers login ip (play.uorensiassance.com) and see if there's any particularly long delays or timeouts.
    Althorn likes this.
  3. Ragnar

Ragnar Active Member
    UO:R Donor

4. Jager

Jager New Member

thank you fellow Canadian for your help, do i NEED a new download or can i just run the one i already have? i dont want to have to re download a whole new client because untill i find a new home i still have houses i need to refresh and such. and thanks Ragnar ill try those links
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

... and after that I've found that
    That's the source of your symptoms.

Yes, you must have the coinciding client which you may find on the "getting started" section of our website.
    Don't forget to direct razor towards the UOR client before starting.

G'luck
  6. Jager

Jager New Member

ahh thanks for the help but i dont wanna deal with 2 different clients, may be back one day but for now thanks
  7. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

You can just install this client in a different directory and run it as standalone. It wont interfere with your current client.

Depending on the client you are using it might not be a problem at all (except you cant see some new art work and house types) or it might auto kick you after some time, so it's probably best to just use the client meant for this server.

Frankly, if you don't want to install the client to play here, you would have a real hard time playing here anyway with the few custom house types and some other assets, so you mine as well decide you want to try UOR or not and then download the client or not, before worrying about connection issues. Server is really quite stable, so I would guess you're using a client out of range and that is what is disconnecting you.
    Orion GM BD, PaddyOBrien and Jupiter like this.
  8. Orion GM BD

Orion GM BD Well-Known Member

@Jager
    I run multiple server clients in separate directories and everyone of them work great.
    Its not a ton of space either and name them accordingly. I do have to adjust razor for whichever server I want to connect.
    but razor saves them in a list for easy selection.

Without a true experience of this shards client, your selling it and yourself short!