To all the Single Account/Single Character people! (If there are any..)

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Valient, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Valient

Valient Active Member

What exactly keeps us from making several more characters? Are we trying to defend a more difficult and challenging shard or are we simply doing it for some other strange reason?
    Ouroboros likes this.
  2. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

If I had to do it all over, I would do just that, or 3 characters tops... a "main" char for pvm or utility, then a pvp char, then maybe a crafter. That way it's cheaper to outfit them all with blessed runebooks and such, and less stress of having 15 chars and not sure what to do with any of them
    Dash, Ouroboros and Holden like this.
  3. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

I just miss the Siege Perilous shard.

You knew (within a small margin) How many people played, and you just knew that that guy named BigBeefyandBUFF that always harassed you farming leather was the same guy.
    It was much easier to form friendships, rivalries, and enemies.
  4. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

I play single client but i have two accounts... i will be honest.. sometimes i realize i am doing too many chars... what increase my need for ethys and books and reagent stocks... but is hard to make a definitive char. I made one for iron man attemptives but i only use him once a week.. a crafter that i never used anymore, a dungeon thief project i never used, two mage archers never finished, one scribe mage that i am trying to finish from ages, other pvmer for very specific situations... if i could reduce them in 3 or 4 chars... would be perfect one day i will get there.
    Ouroboros and PaddyOBrien like this.
  5. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Yes! And then when you want to make a new char, its like "I dunno.... I *might* use this char again someday.... even though I haven't touched it in over two years...I'm not sure which one I can delete!"

I envy the guys who can make all these chars and delete them all at the drop of a hat and start over
    Ouroboros and Xavant_BR like this.
  6. Faceless

Faceless New Member

i hate playing multiple chars, i prefer individuality, being distinguished and not one of the #23213 cook/fisher/smith around, but... in these cases you are almost forced to make more than 1-2 chars, or you'll feel behind everyone else imho.

that said, would anyone here play a server with just 1 account, 1 character, medium-hard to skill up (and hard to macro) so every 0.1 matters and you actually play for it and having NO skillcap?