TO PKers

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Rextacy, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

To the guys that go into dungeons and PK new players. (Clearly Obvious)

I know its a rookie move to go in and risk getting PKd at a dungeon, but why attack a clear new guy who is only trying to get more into the game? You so called vets come on PK, rez, take everything, and feel good about that?

Just seems weird especially when people try to recruit people. What are alternatives to this besides searching though ought the map or doing bulk orders ect ?
    NerK likes this.
  2. Nefarius

Nefarius Active Member

I PK people in Dungeons regardless of their age status. (PS I'm not even 30 days old on this server until tomorrow)

Traditionally If I recognize the loot to be barebones I rez and give back. But this is UO after all, half the fun is the risk vs's reward...
    The Watch, RiffRaff- and One like this.
  3. Rextacy

I just dont get it im sorry, if i saw a new guy even while being a murderer i would still help them out. Esp when there is no challenge there what so ever.
  4. Nefarius

Nefarius Active Member

Here's the problem. Everyone has 3 accounts with 15 characters. It's very hard to decipher who is new and who isnt.
    One likes this.
  5. Rextacy

True that cant disagree on that part
    RiffRaff- likes this.
  6. Smash

Smash Well-Known Member

Tk if i may make a suggestion - make a recall macro that you can quickly use to escape when a red comes.

Saved me a heap of timed
    RiffRaff-, eherruh, Rextacy and 2 others like this.
  7. Smash

Smash Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that most reds are prepped with spells before they can even see you. Its very hard for them to stop halfway through and go shit thia guy is new i better stop and help them.

You also will never learn if they all leave you alone. Mastering the escape is something you can only do in the field
    Rextacy and Kirby like this.
  8. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

TK come on irc we can help you out and give you tips on how to avoid or fight pks.
    RiffRaff- and Rextacy like this.
  9. Smash

Smash Well-Known Member

Feel free to go into the main chat or join the channel #ps where mikek and other helpful guild members will be that will let you know how to go about hunting safely.
    Rextacy and Kirby like this.
  10. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    eherruh, Kalvasflam, Rextacy and 5 others like this.
  11. Rextacy

Okay thanks for the tips guys
    Willeh and One like this.
  12. Pegbyter

Pegbyter Active Member

Welcome to the shard T:K from all the staff.
    eherruh, Rextacy, Willeh and 2 others like this.
  13. Balgami

Balgami Well-Known Member

In the end of it all if you don't have any interest in fighting the dungeons are not for you. You can do this fishing and all and play the game with your friends. If you are interested in fighting and playing the game with other people first you learn how to get away from PKs then you can learn how to kill them and everything.

Now I recommend killing the PKs. There are not many competent PKs left so if you do some training in PvP it should be alright. Getting away is extremely easy as you only need to get off 1 4th circle spell (Recall). Its like ghealing yourself once. If you have magic reflect up its almost impossible to kill someone before they can recall.

Another recommendation is on the mindset. This is a Fel shard so nothing that you have on you is truly yours. If someone can kill you everything you have belongs to them. If they just get your gold and res you up be thankful. (or cus them out and get reskilled and drylooted). If this sounds too harsh then play a Trammel ruleset server.
  14. Rextacy

Exactly I joined this shard because it was Fel based.

However, I was just looking for the best option for training while farming for gold and what not. Im not into the fishing/gathering type of stuff. Basically trying to go for the biggest reward even with risk involved. I know its bound to happen after all itnis a fel server.
    One and Balgami like this.
  15. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

champion spawns / harrower with a small group

G'luck
    eherruh and Rextacy like this.
  16. Gzus

Gzus Well-Known Member

The killing of blue farmers new and old, although frustrating, is a necessity to keep the economy in check. It is hard to appreciate right away, but comes later.

I have been on the shard for a little over a year and I still farm in dungeons. As a fairly incompetent player with poor template choices, I am killed often. However, the adventure is still profitable.

Most PK's I have encountered will res you after a kill and gate you to town if requested. Some will dry loot, which is their right, but most are courteous, or at least as courteous as a dirty murderer can be.

Like many have mentioned in thread, if you are new and want help, the veterans of the server will help. I cant offer good advice, but if you hit me up on IRC, I can help you with resources to make your mage. I got a lot of help when I was new and would love to pay it forward.
    eherruh, Rextacy and One like this.
  17. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

For every 10 hauls from the dungeon back to the bank, you might get pk'd a time or two. It's part of the game. You're still making plenty of gold the other 9 hauls. People should feel privileged to be PK'd sometimes! It makes them a more well-rounded, more aware player. If you're expecting to go into a dungeon, spam a couple blade spirits, switch over to your internet browser, watch a YouTube video, switch back, collect your gold and bank without the risk factor of being jacked, that's the equivalent to playing poker with fake money IMO.

That said, some people are dicks no doubt. If I come across someone and kill them, I usually only take gold or maybe wands / potions. There is absolutely no point in dry looting someone so they can't go restock, killing their mount and res killing them. But if that's what someone wants to be known for, that's at their discretion I suppose..
    Labeler, Damalar, RiffRaff- and 4 others like this.
  18. Master Omu

Master Omu New Member

Slaying dragons for nearly 2 decades only works because there is a chance some asshole might pop around the corner with a precasted ebolt ready to dirt nap your ass.
    Bayara, Newt, eherruh and 1 other person like this.
  19. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

I am fairly new to this shard myself! This weekend I finally finished my first money maker template (provo dexxer). And off I went! Farming for about two hours in Despise (Ogre Lords). Made quite some money! However, I was a bit disappointed:

1. An Ogre Mage spawned and I had no way to kill him (without resist and even with GM provo I couldn't provoke him)

2. Not a single PK in about two hours

Well, I thought, this shard is not the typical gank-pk-shard.

As I couldn't kill the Ogre mage I thought about hunting in Deceit. No rune/no boat made this impossible. So, I was off to Destard (took me some time to figure out how to cross skara brae canal - had completely forgotten). Entering Destard I found out two things:

1. Hunting dragons doesent work to well for a provo dexxer without resist (peace could maybe change that)

2. There are PKs on UOR

Not even a minute after entering, I was pked. Mount was killed, I was dry looted (not even a bandie left) and not ressed (because I put a murder count on him). That put a smile on my face! The world was back in order and I was finally back in UO! In the distant future, I will hopefully be more than cannon fodder! :)
  20. Nefarius

Nefarius Active Member

@Kalvasflam it sounds like you got a disgruntle PK. I personally haven't been here long enough to hold any grudges (And I did get PK'd on my farmers Often) Traditionally if I kill anyone at a PK capacity, I either Rez or Gate. I have dry looted when recognizing my regs were low. (This isn't to set the victim back, more so to continue my hunting at a lazy capacity)

If you get a boss mob in a dungeon, there are plenty of people who will come help you kill it for a chance of a loot split. (Half is better then nothing)
    Rextacy likes this.