Top Shots October 2014

Discussion in 'Archived Top Shots Contests' started by Samorite, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

Whilst last month's entries are judged lets kick of Octobers

We will have prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd

There will be extra merit given for posts that have a bit of description / story with them

PhotoShop ect is allowed
    Please try not to take shots with tree/gfx hacks
    Screens taken in-game are preferred but not compulsory
    Please don't just post random pictures!

[​IMG]

Closing date for entries will be 31/10/2014
  2. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

[​IMG]

Balls of Valorite
    The Musician, Lestat, Wise and 7 others like this.
  3. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

UOR's first complete net collection

[​IMG]
    The Musician, Jupiter, Lestat and 6 others like this.
  4. Gnarl

Gnarl Active Member

The Sky Lounge.jpg

TowerCanopy.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
    Urza, Pill, dracula and 10 others like this.
  5. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Jupiter, Fraggle, Codus and 6 others like this.
  6. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

stranded.JPG
    Anyone seen my boat?

FYI, there is a locked chest on the Pirate Ship and it will decay out from underneath you
    Zyler, Basoosh, Jupiter and 4 others like this.
  7. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

That's pretty damn impressive.

Who came to slaughter all of you?
    Jupiter likes this.
  8. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

a silver serp
  9. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

beeg blak mojo mizt kaym tu Veelayj ob Pawz, da sneeki urukz kum en clomp da umies. Uz breeg Klerggoth lurd tu dem tu clomp dem! NOOOOOOOOOOGRAAAAHH! ee skreek, dem umie strung, soh mani. Da hai needz tu clomp dem umie breedurz! *eyes Athena*

Snargul_10-7_22.42.jpg
    The Musician, Vlar, Mes and 3 others like this.
  10. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Ah. . . the shroud of lag. . . err. . . darkness.
    Jupiter likes this.
  11. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Bahahaha!!!!
    Jupiter likes this.
  12. The Musician

The Musician Well-Known Member

And the dark knight...falls? Part 1

[​IMG]
    Wise, Artex, Gnarl and 2 others like this.
  13. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Catch-22:

[​IMG]
    Vlar, ReZon, Jupiter and 4 others like this.
  14. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

here to brag shamelessly, so i apologize in advance

I had heard about these pks that hunt on occlo and in the newbie dungeons, Curly Sue and Scully. (Also apparently aka Jerome Jackson, Steely Dan) Today I heard that they had killed westra, dry looted her, killed her horse, left her stranded. So I tracked until I found their house (south east of ice).

I had to watch the house for a couple hours, didn't believe I'd ever get a shot at them, but at some point Scully recalled out. I put some chests on the doorstep and I waited for him to come back, hoping to surprise him and kill him before he could get in the door. Apparently Curly Sue was watching and he recalled to the outside to fight me as Scully returned.

Anyways, here's the end result

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some serious loot -

invuln plate suit (most indestructible)
    invuln studded armor suit (most indestructible)
    15 vanq katana
    fortified, 25 vanq heavy xbow
    indestructible, 25 vanq war fork
    exceptional verite large battle axe (first one of these I've looted, my previous best was agapite short spear off of Mutombo)

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    Kane, Vlar, Dimas and 7 others like this.
  15. Curly Sue

Curly Sue Well-Known Member

Here to clarify...

I didn't recall outside to fight you. I mistakenly recalled home and found myself in an ambush. :) Scully recalled in to help me. Mistakes compounded in the confusion and the Robbers Roost gang found themselves repeating history being ambushed at the Robber's Roost once again (Jessie James reference).

After all the pain we put PoorGirl through, it's good to see she got her revenge.

We will see you once again on the field of battle my friend. Hopefully more prepared next time.

And BTW.. Keep your ghosts out of our house. That's a bannable offence last I heard.

Good ambush and good Hunting Sir.
  16. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

PoorGirl = Westra ?!
  17. Curly Sue

No but she was there. Whether she devised the trap or just happened to be there is a mystery at this time.
  18. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

no need to be salty, it's not bannable to stand around at someone's house as a ghost. What I think you have confused is that it is frowned upon to ghost hot spots for pking (I understand staff may remove ghosts from hotspots).

Poorgirl is not Westra, and unrelated to the story. I ran into Poorgirl when I was first looking for you guys at arctics and he said that you guys use blue scouts and wouldn't come if I was there. So I tried your house (you tracked me there too and stayed inside), so I sat a ghost outside. I am otherwise unrelated to him.
  19. Curly Sue

Not salty. All was fine. You got us. But what's the difference between using a ghost to stake out a "hot spot" and using a ghost to stake out someone house?

You said it yourself.. We tracked you, we stayed inside, so you used a ghost to camp our house so we didn't know we were being watched.

The fight was fair but IMO the circumstances that led up them were a little unsportsmanlike and against the rules of the game.

No hard feelings. We had a good run until you gunned us down gunslinger. Love the name by the way. Was a great series. If we were going to get taken down, it was going to be by Roland of Gilead.
  20. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I just don't think you're an authority on the rules of the game. My best suggestion to you is that you take it up with Telamon politely in private message. I thought it was unsportsmanlike for you guys to kill westra, dry loot her, kill her mount, and leave her stranded. Both of our actions were within the rules of the server and era. Whether they were unsportsmanlike is subjective. I do think ghosting is relatively shady, but my best understanding is that it is not illegal nor frowned upon in this particular context.

long days and pleasant nights

edit: Again I don't represent staff's opinion or presume to know their official stance on ghosting, but I will explain my best understanding and past experiences with it. There have been times in the past where PKs (and occasionally blues wanting to see pks before they arrive) would park their characters in high traffic areas, for instance the elder gazer room of shame. When players see this they find it unsettling because it gives the feeling of camera'd ghosting (as has been a tactic on both live and freeshards of the past). So staff has at times come and removed these ghosts with some message or in some extreme cases lectured the players about the tactic.

Yet this isn't a rule where staff has said "being a ghost will get you banned." There is clearly a gray area here. I have had experiences where faction rivals would kill their alts and leave them in my base or their own base and when I contacted staff about it I was told that this was fine. My understanding is that ghosting dungeons for pking is concerning to staff and frowned upon, and if this tactic is employed more often staff would feel forced to implement changes that move ghosts out of dungeons or prevent them from seeing players and that sort of thing. (ie, things they don't want to do). I don't think their stance has ever been to ban players unless there are extreme reasons.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014