Top Shots September 2015

Discussion in 'Archived Top Shots Contests' started by Cynic, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

TOP SHOTS September 2015

We will have prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd

PhotoShop etc is allowed
    Screens taken in-game are preferred but not compulsory
    Please don't just post random pictures!
    Please stay on topic.

[​IMG]
    Closing Date: 9/30/2015 at midnight.

*Without staff intervention (i.e. Samorite taking this over again) the winners will be judged based upon the amount of likes each picture receives. The winning pictures/names will be submitted to Telamon for trophy creation.
  2. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

Megan_8-30_23.47.jpg

This took a long time coming. I grinded my ass off mining and buying ingots. I was barely making any profit but I had one goal in mind, the ultimate reward in the game... The Valorite Runic Hammer. Back in June I knew I was leaving for a couple months and I was flipping at least 300 bods a day. I was one bod short of my goal upon my departure to Alaska. I was away for about ten weeks and was somewhat dreading my return to grinding and smashing out bods. I arrived last Saturday night and decided to log in mumble to bullshit with the crew. They told to log in-game they wanted to give me their flips, immediately I was like "fuck already". They handed me books full of shitty bods and I was like "awesome". Then Bartimus says "oh wait there is another book in my pack". He hands it to me and I open it half-heartedly to the ultimate surprise. The last BOD I ever need.

Thanks Bartimus and everyone who helped keep my Keep standing and making this Valorite Hammer possible *tear*.
  3. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

Strolling around Destard I came upon and elder wyrm, it took a bit but I slayed the beast and was awarded the first elder wyyrm statue!
    elder.jpg
    Iago, Fraggle, Faber and 13 others like this.
  4. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

We're very careful about who we let into PANDA HOUSE. Not even the big fan man was granted access to our facilities.

santa.png
  5. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Active Member

I don't know, but I always thought the inside of Panda House would be much darker, creepier, with body parts piled up everywhere a la Texas chainsaw masscre, and piles of loots waiting to be assessed. this looks...normal.
  6. Pork Fried Rice

We're a museum, not a slaughter house. PANDA HOUSE has to meet the standards of Britannia's health inspection codes for structures that serve food as well.
    Roguish likes this.
  7. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

The scariest psychopaths are the ones living among us as our neighbors... Completely normal lives, outside of their errmm hobbies and infatuations..

:)
    Ragnarok likes this.
  8. Staunch

Staunch New Member

Thank you for the aMAZEing 3rd anniversary scavenger hunt @Chris, I eventually worked out how to get to the end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Codus, Melochabre, Ragar and 12 others like this.
  9. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I nominate this for an all time best TOP SHOT!! hahahaha awesome.

The Musician likes this.
  10. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

We hit 707 online a bit after this.
    [​IMG]
    Vlar, The Musician, Joshius and 5 others like this.
  11. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

And now I am off to re-build the maze for next years hamsters. At least this proves it wasn't as hard as everyone thought it was.

Thanks for taking the time to run this contest for the last few months Cynic.
    Cynic, Jupiter and Zyler like this.
  12. Staunch

Staunch New Member

Thanks! Stitching together over 150 screenshots took a couple hours but I think the result is well worth it.
  13. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

1.png

Now with 33% more lulz.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    Vlar, newme, Gideon Jura and 14 others like this.
  14. The Musician

The Musician Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

15. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

36 players in a two-team? EPIC!!!
    Vlar likes this.
  16. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

orcfights.png
    Jupiter's Motley Militia shake hands with the Urks after a good clompin' session.
    TheDarkOne, newme, Xuthakug and 8 others like this.
  17. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

I like that moats are coming, but I prefer a cy to be functional and with a purpose. If only there could be a CY addon that is an outdoor smithy, a stable, or crafting area, or a garden... Lots to ask I know, but we can all dream

CYKeep.JPG
  18. Pork Fried Rice

Is this your way of saying neener neener I have a secure courtyard? Looks cool but if you learned your CY was secure because of Telamon's dev patch, that kinda proves the point made by many. When you no there's little to no risk, behavior changes.
  19. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

My CY was always decorated this way. I first put footstools out in the open spots in case of rogue runes. Then, knowing the history of the house and people involved, I left it this way a while(pic), minus the verite and aggy hammer prior to the command to test the assumption that it was secure. I took the risk cause the aesthetic was more important to me than some lost pixels. Hell, I used to recall mine out of my first fortress and was killed many a time with a cy rune on me. Drop a table or stool on that spot and mark a new one and move on.

My behavior has not changed, the CY stood open long enuf for me to put both high end hammers back out. All before the command was known.

I do admit the command provides me with a new peace of mind. However, this is my house, I should be secure in my house. Command or no command, my house is my castle (keep) I should be able to determine who can enter and who cannot regardless of some nefarious prior owner or random person marking areas just to perpetrate a break in. I would go so far as to suggest that anytime a CY house is sold, all prior CY runes are automatically wiped out. If I lose the key to the place, I can rekey all the locks... Why should someone who spends the kind of gold that a CY house commands and not get full use of said house?

That's my 2cents worth, like it or not...
  20. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

SL often complains that there is no PVP...

and then during a Friday Night Fight PVP Tournament... this is how they spend their time:

(camping my house waiting for me to come home)

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    ebola, Blaise, Alice Asteroid and 8 others like this.