Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by One, Sep 16, 2015.

1. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

But not the PKs. I am getting away most of the time. I died actually 2 times on my dexxer to PKs in 6 months. And I am sure, it would have been alot more without reflect.
  2. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

I like recall in the 4th circle because it has always been in the 4th circle and should always remain there.
  3. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  4. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

I'm for a lot of custom changes, but I disagree with this one. There is a suitable workaround in the game via scrolls already. If you want no failure recall, then add some magery to your template. Making choices and sacrifices is what the 700 point skill cap is all about.
    Eladrin likes this.
  5. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

If you can justify taking lumberjacking (a skill that provides utility and usefulness in PVM/PVP), why can't you accept that taking magery is the exact same thing. Magery on dexers is a utility skill that is helpful for PVP and PVM. A "Pure Mage" has wrestling, even though wrestling is a combat skill. A "Pure Dexer" can still have magery. I'd argue putting inscription, meditation, or eval on a dexer no longer puts them in the "pure dexer" class anymore.

Somehow you just tried to say bowcraft would be a skill you'd put on a dexer, but you're against taking magery? Seriously?
  6. One

One Well-Known Member

7. Pork Fried Rice

Magery is not required. It's your preference. In the old days of UO, people would actually run from towns to dungeons. Vesper was popular because Covetous was a short run. New players would start in Britain and go to Despise. If you had a horse, you were lucky. Most people made the run on foot. I use to run from the Cove Orc Fort to Vesper, back and forth, every day, collecting and selling ringmail tunics until I could afford a house. There was a time when people would sit in town and proclaim "Can someone gate me to Deceit!" - you figured out how you'd get home after you got there.

We've become lazy. We point our fingers at the fictitious problems in the system instead of looking for a solution that already exists.
    Vishakt, Alice Asteroid and Punt like this.
  8. One

One Well-Known Member

9. Pork Fried Rice

The issue isn't that nobody wants a wider variety of templates. The issue is that you want to cast magical spells and not have a magical skill to warrant the ability.
  10. One

One Well-Known Member

11. Pork Fried Rice

You had to have at least 15 skill in Chivalry have a chance to cast Sacred Journey (source). If you took 15 magery, you'd be able to cast recall with a scroll without a problem. Funny how your argument didn't help your argument.

Oddly enough, you responded to something I didn't say, but directed it at me. It sounds like many people are saying this and it's not just me.
  12. One

One Well-Known Member

13. 1-1=0

1-1=0 Active Member

---> I wish there was a seige perilous shard.

---> I would not mind either 1) removing recall all together 2) Make recall take twice or three times longer to cast
    Pork Fried Rice likes this.
  14. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

A big part of the UO fun is getting what you want within the bounds of the system. Fight those PKs when they show up!
  15. One

One Well-Known Member

16. napo

napo Well-Known Member

The reds on this server are extremely cowardly. They won't fight you if they think they aren't certain to win. Fighting them actually is the right move, as long as you can do a convincing enough job of it.
    Invoker and One like this.
  17. One

One Well-Known Member

18. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

I am not Pork Fried Rice and yes absolutely I think something such as spells and the circles they reside in should not be changed at all. It isn't because I don't want any change it is because a change such as this messes with the classic feel of our game. Again; recall in the 4th circle should stay there because it has always been there.

There are ways for a pure dexxer to recall as has been stated.
  19. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Those are both bad dexers. Well, I can't really speak for Swiftfeet I guess, I've never seen him fight.
    Also an ironic statament, since bart is the poster boy for cowardly reds.

You want a dexer who can scare reds? Play a med warrior fencer with purple pots and a decent pvp loadout and you'll be scary to mages. 1v1 med warriors have the advantage over mages.
    One likes this.
  20. One

One Well-Known Member