Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by One, Sep 16, 2015.

1. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Yes, those 7 skills.
    I'd need to play around with stats to find something I'd be happy with, but my first attempt would be 90/90/45 and I'd tweak it from there depending on mindblast damage and the general feel of the mana pool.
    With this build, a decent spear, and purple pots you have enough offense to be threatening to a mage. You would of course also need basic pots and purple pouches.
    One likes this.
  2. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Lol @ Napo!!! Hahahahahahahahahabahahaha

I'm looking for fights and I'm disappointed your guild turned down fights when I asked for them this weekend! Kane Balla and Mes were all disinterested in having a brawl. The only person that wanted to fight was Xegugg and she was left by herself... Some teammates you assholes are.

And if I'm so cowardly... Why haven't I ever seen you put me in my place in one of the tournaments. I have an idea why... Maybe you're the coward and don't want to fight?! Ya... That's it.
  3. bart simpson

4. bart simpson

Anyway, napo, thank you for the entertainment. At least you can do something right.
  5. napo

napo Well-Known Member

It's probably because no one in our camp really wants to have anything to do with you, bart. You're intolerable.

And yes, you are cowardly on your red. I guess we could use the phrase "risk averse" if you'd prefer. You tend to avoid even the possibility of being statted, which is hardly unique among reds on this server. Reds here pick on newbies, they typically avoid fights with people who look like they might be pvpers.

By the way, mes and I have both put your dexer down in tournaments. It seems you've forgotten, but we both beaten you rather easily back when lib was running tournaments. Your axer has always had mindblast problems, and axers really lack the killing power to bring a mage who knows what he's doing down. You need something extra, which is why I'm recommending fencing instead of a lumberjack build.
    One likes this.
  6. bart simpson

I must have forgotten one tournament two years ago! Lol. I thought we were supposed to be civil... You started this name calling and you haven't stopped... So much for being civil.
    As for being a cowardly red, that isn't true in the least bit. I haven't the faintest idea where you come up with this stuff. Seriously, is it a requirement in TT that you have to wear a tin foil hat?

And if you want to talk about risk... When was the last faction fight you fought in where your team had a player or two less than the enemy, putting you at risk. Last I saw, you guys were nice and plump with tamers and mares to keep you safe.
  7. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Am I being uncivil? I mean, do you deny that you're risk averse when playing on your red? Reds here gate out at the first sign of actual conflict, it's just an observation. It is best described as cowardly play, don't you think?
    The idea that we don't fight when outnumbered is ludicrous, by the way. We've fought outnumbered quite a few times in the past few faction fights.
  8. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

For starters I hardly think this shard has a chance of "dying" because of no love to dexxers and no love I would say is inaccurate as well. There are plenty of things that could be done to give dexxers some "love" as you say without changing something as fundamental as the circles where spells reside. This is not a custom server and having a "classic feel" is one of the big things that is strived for here.

Anyway I just wanted to state my opinion on the specific matter of moving spells around in the spellbook which I am in full disagreement with.
    One likes this.
  9. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  10. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

did you try standing on an orange somewhere? because I feel like you probably didn't. No one is afraid of you in any field pvp situation I assure you, aside maybe from clueless newbies.
  11. RollinTheTweed

RollinTheTweed Active Member

Dude I haven't logged on outside of house refreshes, I logged on today to watch arranged fights... ARRANGED. This shit is killing the open world fights to the point that people like me don't bother logging on. It's fucking pointless to even log on most of the time. You only open that mouth of your's when said powerhouses are on, if they're not on, you're completely silent. Leave me out of your shit festival. I left you chumps alone upon entering chat again to bullshit around. But you know what? Fuck it. Tournaments means absolutely dick.
  12. napo

napo Well-Known Member

I don't know who's character that is, but it looks like he won the tournament with a DPed vanq war fork. Med warrior would be best for these kinds of tactics, yes.
    I think DP is a little more reliable when you're on foot in a dueling box, though. For field fighting I'd go with a spear.
    One likes this.
  13. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member

A suggestion would be to make runebook charges useable without magery.
    Ive seen this concept already, and liked it a lot.

And leave Recall where it is, it is supposed to get interrupted.
    Vlar and One like this.
  14. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  15. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

Don't forget that moving recall out of the fourth circle would hurt scribes-in-training. There's nothing better than a stack of recall scrolls to sell as you make your way to 100% inscription.
    boothby likes this.
  16. RevySabre

RevySabre Member

Since 99% of the server has magery, Its only fair to give an option to dexxers that want to melee and heal... if you cant scribe to 100 selling your scrolls to vendors, youre doing it wrong
    One likes this.
  17. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

That was an additional argument. Bottom line is that you can get what you want without any real skill in magery.

Why not turn this thread into a turn ON chivalry thread?
  18. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

What the? Oh no you di'ent?!?

[​IMG]
  19. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if changing recall is the answer, but dexxers could use a few buffs here or there.
    One likes this.
  20. 1-1=0

1-1=0 Active Member

Maybe we don't need recall at all.