Total Recall?

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Philthie, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Philthie

Philthie Member

I have been running around re-exploring / adventuring and have noticed that on many occassions human contact seems to have been met with (what appears to be) some sort of automated GTFO OF HERE instant recall which seems to take about 1-2 seconds.

This made me start wondering, how do you stop people from recalling? Is there any way at all? Do you have to debuff someones int or drain their mana? Is it even possible to do this fast enough to cripple their retreat/escape?

Just curious as I thought it used to take longer to cast, it is mainly ths speed of the cast that baffled me, it seems to take under 1 second after confirming visual of said person.
  2. marine1217

marine1217 Member

Well considering that outside the guard zones some peoples kindness is met with an Ebolt to the face, I usually "Total Recall" out as well. Although if you just set up the macro it takes what 2-3 seconds? If you run up with para cast and hit me before i can get it, then i am dead. Although on a few occassions now my escape did not find my rune and manually casting i was killed.
  3. Philthie

Philthie Member

So paralyze is the only/main way then? I do like a bit of murdering but was just curious as I haven't PvPd in UO in god knows how long and was wondering if people could just flash straight out. Paralyze scrolls it is then! Lol
  4. marine1217

marine1217 Member

Yeah pretty much para, or stop me from recalling by maybe using harm? Althought he main factor you must consider is how situationally aware the individual is. At times i notice quickly the red coming on screen and recall out. Other times the incoming reds name is in the glob of monster names and such on my screen, so i do not see him before its too late.
  5. Philthie

Philthie Member

So harm also interrupts? I suppose I maybe worded my question wrong, I am mainly wondering how many types of thing interrupt spells. Also this is to help me escape properly from situations when possible with my non fighting chars.

One of the many questions that plague me throughout my day in work. Lol
  6. marine1217

marine1217 Member

Im at school trying to learn more as well. too my limited knowledge if you are harmed or attacked while casting, then it is interrupted. Although you can then cast after being hit by that spell. So if you know they will recall out then i would advise using para so they stay with you till the end.
  7. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

Actually if the person has magic reflect up and you are alone there is pretty much nothing you can do to stop them.....Thats why I dont understand all the angst about PKs.....
  8. marine1217

marine1217 Member

probably Semi-AFK farmers.
  9. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Have you tried running in screaming "DONT RECALL I COME IN PEACE"?
    ReZon, Philthie and Lethius like this.
  10. marine1217

marine1217 Member

I would immediatly recall. I can always come back, but i cannot always get away.
  11. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

^^ This.....the only time I have ever died here to PKs is when I recalled back to the bank and unloaded,then went back to fight......
  12. Lethius

Lethius Member

I was attacked the other day while farming - I wanted to fight, but I didn't want to lose all fruits of my labor, 5k gold, gems, magic loot, the slayer I am using the get money for house and regs, etc... I am poor! So, I recalled to bank my stuff, then came back to fight... but they had already left.

Between a one-button recall macro and a tracking for players macro I hit periodically, I'd have to be half asleep (or brought very low HP by a monster) to die to an attack while farming.
  13. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

You also can't recall as a tamer (unless you don't care about your dragons).
  14. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

They arent real Basoosh.....just pixels.....I used to get really mad when I lost my pets.......then I remembered Im an orc and who cares......If I lose them I go tame more....no biggie
  15. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I'm aware :p They're still an investment worth ~20K & your training time though.
  16. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

THEY'RE STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

17. Marbles

Marbles Member

force game size window bigger in razor,
    if not possible ( I play on tiny laptop screen so not possible),

turn on "Show incoming player names" in Razor. Turn it off in the in-game uo options.
    RAZOR CAN SEE SLIGHTLY FARTHER THAN DEFAULT SCREEN SIZE.

To block recall, hit people with anything. Any damage, even weakness/clumsy/feeblemind will disrupt any spell. (unless they have Protection spell active, or reflect up)
    If they have reflect, hit them with weapon.
    They probably successfully recall anyways in the next attempt, unless they panic, or you have gank friends.

Good luck out there y'all.