Town Citizenship

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Wodan, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

From the Gold-Sink Post comes the idea to implement a system for Town Citizenship, here's my idea from the original post
    Important part of this idea is that town citizenship doesn't provide any super benefits - it's just a way of showing some local flavor :)

And by adding additional items taken in by town treasurers, this might also work as a "Cleanup Britain" system :)

I added some screenshots from a little prototype I created.

My new NPC - the Town Treasurer Nucky :

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to add custom dialogs yet so interaction is currently like joining an NPC guild

FINALLY I'm citizen of Minoc - YEY ! For the nerds, this is a new attribute for the PlayerMobile object. Another object will be added for the citizen reputation :)

Attached Files:

2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Interesting concept. I think that citizenship should require positive fame/karma as well, except for Bucaneer's Den, which would require negative.

As long as it's just in title and has no major implications, it should be cool to have players able to contribute to their local and call it home, with a title to prove it. Even if it's just a paperdoll title, it would be fun and not a detriment to the shard.
  3. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Can i hire one of these NPC's to come to Paws? haha I would drop some coin to have villager/citizen of Paws :)

great idea Wode.
  4. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

5. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member

Thanks very much for all the positive feedback.

Lol .. thanks for the link Wulver.

I have to make it clear that the idea behind this wasn't originally mine. Gideon brought it up in the Gold Sink thread and Wulver has obviously started a thread about this subject earlier on.

@Jupiter: That depends on Telamons implementation of the guild towns. Adding a treasurer to guild towns is very simple after that.