done

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Gideon Jura, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I often find that one of the greatest joys I feel in life is the anticipation of something. Plus, with that kind of a cliffhanger you know it'll be good! Unreasonable expectations aside.

220 suns and moons here so far and it's been my experience that when there's a change to this shard, if it's not fun and amazing or a quality of life increase, it is even-tempered and keeps the health and goodwill of this most excellent relic of a game in mind.

I'm very happy to have found UOR, my positive experiences far outweigh the negative ones, even while being harried or murdered, hunted by the most dangerous game. *grins* There's a whole lot of quality to this community.

Thank you for being here.
    newme, ReZon, Simoneau Trade and 3 others like this.
  2. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I feel like if it gets nerfed it'll be a per IP kind of deal, and if we're going that route I say apply it to everything, no more triple boding, fishing, mining etc.
    Blaise, Alice Asteroid and Heretic like this.
  3. newme

newme Well-Known Member

My two cents worth: I totally agree this is the best UO shard ever. The staff here works their &77s off for us and the player community is great.
    What other free shard does the staff listen to the players as much as this one's? I've known instances where a player is up-set about something, ranting and raving, and Chris has been extremely patience with them. :) Don't forget the other staff members and player volunteers; they do so much behind the scenes that most of us are not even aware of what they do.

The bottom line here, I think, is the majority of us are playing this game because at some point in our lives we discovered it's a truly fantastic game. With countless r/p possibilities and play-styles. We all have our favorite aspects of this world and probably would love to see more of our personal favorites in this shard. So, yes, it is a downer when you try to post a thread about it, and other players dis-agree.

As far as trash talk goes; yes, it is part of life. That is partly why staff put in the section here on forums for it and the channel in IRC, Personally, I don't enjoy trash talk in the main irc channel or in forum threads. But Chris listed options for us to use if we see something we feel is posted in the wrong section. So win win, those who enjoy a good round of trash talk, you have it. Those of us who don't, win too.

Thanks for reading.

Westra on irc Main in game Marjo
    English John likes this.
  4. Player X

Player X Well-Known Member

Internet badasses = toxic community.

Just act like you do in real life and we'll all be fine (well 99% of us would be fine.)
    Basoosh likes this.
  5. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Sooo......... Who gets to pilot the UOR Hype Train now?
  6. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

Gideon hasn't quit yet, he was at the harrower in deceit this past Thursday two days after he started this thread and all his houses are still standing. He's not going anywhere.
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Preface: I am not singling you out. I'm not chastising you. I'm not holding a large wooden cross nor spiked behind my back.

Anyway,
    I don't believe one bit that trash talking is a part of UO. Nor griefing, nor any of this "toxic" behavior everyone's been discussing.
    UO is a game. All the bad parts (and good) come from people.

Trash talking is a part of people. Greifing is people. Toxicity is people.
    SOILENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!

When people are removed from personal/physical accountability, "toxic" is how most act by default.

This problem that Gideon has posit (yeah, it's a word) does have a solution.

Active social reform.
  8. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member

People are still reading and posting in this thread? Have any of you played UO before? This is BY FAR the least toxic community I've ever witnessed or been apart of. Bring on the toxicity (at least in the form of pvp, please).
    English John, AnRobot- and Mindless like this.
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

u mad bro?
  10. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

You only seem to have read my second post. My first post dictates, whereever people are in communication, there WILL be clash of egos. This is inevitable, this is human nature. It's part of UO because UO is played by humans. Simple as that.
    AnRobot- likes this.
  11. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

You impressed me anyway, wylwrk. That was spot on. Applies to everything, UO, rl, whatever. People mess things up and we blame the systems instead of people. The drilled-down-to-the-core base reason that people do shitty things is that we're shitty creatures. It's not the "reasons" we think up after the fact to justify our actions that are to blame, it's us. And truth be told, most of the world's problems could be solved if people were just nice. Problem is that your solution has failed for the entire history of mankind. No amount of reform has ever resulted in people being "better" since recorded history. Noble individuals come along, force change in small, localized ways, and someone else tears it down.
    wylwrk likes this.
  12. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

I didn't get that he was quitting the server at all from this post. My clear understanding from reading the words he typed was that he is abstaining from forum usage and there is a big difference between the two for sure.
  13. Fuinacius

Fuinacius New Member

If ppl here act like they do in real life, there'll be no more pks! I doubt we have serial killers playing ultima online :p
    Player X likes this.
  14. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Nah man, I'm a total sociopath.
  15. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
  16. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

I do have to say, this thread itself is actually not toxic and that's really great everyone. :)
    Maltman likes this.
  17. Kishember

Kishember Active Member

I think this sums up what I have already felt about UO:R. Can't better it.
    Maltman likes this.