Trackpad Killers!

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Xavant_BR, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

I know that is weird and non-sense, and everytime i say this word everyone goes crazy in the chat.... Maybe i am not the only one that sometimes like to play in the comfort of his sofa.
    For crafting and tamming(well now i am having some troubles to find hotkeys for my needs and also a targeting delay) works.... not so fine but i survive.
    Well in pvp is almost impossible, my fingers are not so fast... but i dont know..
    maybe someone have this superpower and could share with us... some auto target technique... hotkeys... or even templates for the lazy potential killers...

I use a macbook pro, his trackpad is the best and make a really good difference.
  2. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

get a mouse, practice a lot, get someone to teach you how to survive at least.

Plan B: Tamer PvP

Plan C: Get super good with macros but dont get your hopes up to kill someone. There is a variety of Tactics you could use to kill someone if youre creative enaugh.
  3. Xavant_BR

Ezra, i will go to plan C.
    Actually i use mouse for zooquest and in the weekends.. during the week i play basically just with the trackpad..

But about the plan C... there is some trackpad ninja in the shard?
  4. AOٌ

AOٌ Well-Known Member

I'll be happy to spar with you bud, have 2 finished PvPers and 1 in progress, message on discord if u need any advice or whatever
    Xavant_BR likes this.
  5. Hadrian

Hadrian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

deadly poisoned weapon, fencing weapon. lazy potential at its best.
    Xavant_BR likes this.
  6. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hey o! I played/PvPed on a mac book pro for YEARS on the old trusty track pad. I can give you some advice for playing on the mac book pro and using a track pad.

HOTKEYS HOTKEYS HOTKEYS.

As you know the mac book pro struggles with a much smaller keyboard than the standard detachable one. With F1-12 being eliminated you have to become very creative with your set up. Comfortably I am able to hit 1-6 in the top row and Z- B on the bottom row quickly. Make all of your key binds based off of these keys with a combination of Ctrl, Shift and Alt.

Make sure you have a "Next Target" hotkey so you don't have to chase players around your screen trying to select them.

As far as other options go, make sure you have "Always Run" checked in your UO options. Also be sure to turn off the "Query for criminal actions"

I hope this helps! PvPing on a macbook pro with a track pad is tough BUT it is absolutely possible!
    Xavant_BR and ElleFeyRa like this.
  7. Xavant_BR

Bart i am not feeling lonely anymore! I am feeling better now!
    Really useful information, for pvp,for sure i will use a mouse... i have a magic mouse, sure!
    I was simply on dungeons... soon i will start to work on pvp(baking a stun mage), for sure after your last advise i feel more attempted to make it work some day hahah... why not? I doesnt like the easy way.

Thanks for the tips bart!
    Great!