Trade forum trash

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by RavenMagi, Nov 23, 2018.

1. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

2. RavenMagi

Attached Files:

3. SandyRavage

SandyRavage Active Member

The only trash here is the shill bidding you and your buddies been doing for months on large properties. The whole blocker price for the ice fort that fell proved.
  4. RavenMagi

So you don't see any problem with everyone just shitting all over the trade forums on anything they don't like or that they think MIGHT have a shill bid?
  5. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

If you have any proof of shill bidding turn it in to staff. From what I have always been told blasting those kind of comments is not the proper course of action here. I have seen all groups bid on each other's property or items before.

I wish staff would do more then delete comments from people who break trade forum rules over and over again
    One likes this.
  6. SandyRavage

Looking at the past 6 months of housing thread proves it. 3-4 different players post a house the same people run them up and “win” them THEN when a person not part of these players post houses it gives for dam near HALF what the others did. I don’t particularly care if you like me calling out facts. It is what it is
  7. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

I honestly haven't paid close attention to the houses lately not in the market, it's boredom reading to me. Some flip houses in game from what I can tell just the same as some try to buy other items to flip. I just think it's crazy a thread gets derailed by someone who does it repeatedly and only thing that happens is the posts are deleted. Someone says bids only it should be respected. Also a read of trade forums says no comments to bash the seller/item/buyer.
  8. RavenMagi

Its always been two or 3 people causing 95% of the problem on the Trade forums. Nose Goblin is a little newer. There is such things as Staff being too nice. I say enforce three strikes. Ive had literally 0 warnings in 3 years. Some others do 11 strikes in a day. Its getting to the point where the stink is filling up the rest of the sand box.
  9. Nose Goblin

Nose Goblin Active Member

Get over yourself. You and your pals shill bid and cry foul when called out. You're all shade balls
  10. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

Looks like a case of nepotism. Dick Goblin and Sandy Stupid can post what they want, where they want and when they want without any clear repercussions.

Just don't stick around in the trade forum @RavenMagi ...
    Nose Goblin and RavenMagi like this.
  11. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

This is a serious question, what makes you so sure it's shill bidding?
    RavenMagi likes this.
  12. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The topic of shill bidding has always been a popular accusation against idoc sale threads. The problem lies with the outsiders who really don't understand how the system works. I'm sure it still works the same way: The idoccers work as a team, splitting everything between all active members each week. The problem arises when one of the members wants to buy an item that the group worked towards getting, housing for example.

Group places fort. You can't just sell off the fort at a buddy rate, it's really not fair to everyone in the group. The fairest option is to publicly list the property. Then you can bid on it, against others in the guild if necessary, and against the open market. Shill bidding, and then losing the property as a group MAKES NO SENSE. If someone shill bids an item up, for the purpose of driving the price up, and it doesn't sell, then the entire group LOSES revenue. If my guildmate upbid an auction, so as to make another mil, and we all lost 10+ mil as a result - I would be pissed. Makes absolutely no sense. If you keep letting it ride, the house will eventually take all your money.

It's easy to see something and accuse people you don't like of things. As always, it's been said time and time again.. if you see something shady then just report it to the mods. Otherwise, you're just throwing shit and hoping something sticks.
  13. SandyRavage

You forgot the part where the idoc team splits the profits. Including a cut for the member of the team that upbid the property, say the bid it to 25 but they spilt the profits 5 ways dude dint pay 25 now did he? No he payed 20. You can call it whatever you want but if a person bids something up but doesn’t really pay the full price it’s shill bidding.
  14. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Yeah it's bad and the individual(s) in question acted like vigilante police on forums.
    So they don't just crap post, they attack people's threads of whom they disapproved.
    At the same time posting on their buddies threads in sections such as trading post, to try and help them sell things.

edit:
    This
    RavenMagi likes this.
  15. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

LOL, is this serious? Your issue is that the person still gets paid at the end of the week?
    RavenMagi likes this.
  16. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Just imagine, that the OP owes money to the (IDOC member) that bids too. Then naturally, the bidder dont have to pay the full price. It happens quite often between regular players too that they have to settle debts behind the scenes and thus they dont have to pay full prices in the end. But that's not really shady.

However, if you can proof that in the case of shill bidding gone wrong the same house plot is regularly sold again on the market after some time (to prevent accusations of shill bidding), then it proofs your point. Another less reliable hint would be the usage of houses where shill bidding went wrong and where the IDOC member won the auction. If these houses arent used at all afterwards, while very high prices were paid, then thats an indicator imo.
    RavenMagi and PaddyOBrien like this.
  17. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

I see it over and over Derp or iDerp whatever they are called getting blamed for shill bidding, but I know of a sale I bid on seller was EvilDead SOF and Crunk Juice also SOF out bid me, so that makes it a shill bid because they are the same guild and an IDOC group who placed the house?? I was messaged by someone saying be careful they are shill bidding. Don't think it's shill bidding if someone pays for the property and let's it sit waiting for a better time to sell and make a little money
    RavenMagi likes this.
  18. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member

Hi. I sort of ran iDerp before they became iDerp.

We were constantly being accused of shill bidding when all we were doing was bidding. Good example: a fort fell on Dagger island and Amfekk (in our idoc group) really wanted it. To this day, I don't know why. Bidding got kind of high and he won. For about half a year, this auction was brought up as an example of us shill bidding. Dude loved the place, pimped it out, and lived in it for at least a year.

As Cynic said, when there are big items that you don't know what they can go for, the only way for an IDOC member to get that item is to bid on it. I imagine it's the same with SOF's IDOC group. For things with more or less set prices, like monster statues for example, we always settled those things before they hit auction.

Not saying IDOC groups don't shill bid.

Am saying please don't confuse a bid with a shill bid.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  19. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

You actually just proved the argument.

Whenever I was trying to buy something from the group, I bid with the notion that it was going to be XX cheaper than market, simply because I was getting a cut of my own cheese.

It's not shill bidding. I'm still paying the group for the fort, which I also deserve a cut from since I helped obtain the fort/item/etc...

In the end, if you just don't trust the auction then don't bid. Trying to sully someones reputation or accusing someone without any verifiable proof is just childish. If you don't understand something, then ask. If you don't agree with something, then walk away. If you feel something is illegitimate, then report it. Shaking your fist at something, for the sake of shaking your fist (or because you're butthurt against enemies) makes you look like you have a pair of gigantic sore titties.
    RavenMagi, Phaero and Hawkeye like this.
  20. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

People who are innocent generally say "Cast them down with the swift hand of justice".
    People who are guilty generally say "Maybe they should be let off it wasn't that bad".

Certain members of this community seem guilty of doing shady things...
    Otherwise why wouldn't they be on the same side as many of us who don't want to see this shill behavior.

People will go through extremely complex measures to hide their shady activities. But you will be caught in the end.
    ---
    TL : DR- People who are innocent have nothing to hide.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    RavenMagi likes this.