Treasure Hunting Process

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Hollywood, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

T-Mapping is obviously pretty simple. But let's talk process and if you have a particular house you prefer to use. I know we have some experts who have it dialed in pretty hardcore.

Most of the time I'm knocking out most if not all tmaps with a tamer or a tmapper/tamer combo. Typically I carry the set of tmap books on me because I'm lazy and would rather gate from one location to another and gather up 2-4 tmaps worth of loot before gating to house to unload.

Level one maps can be done without any trapping skills. I've used mostly automated versions of a mage dexxer and also a tamer. Both worked very well, but of course like anything else, the tamer was more efficient.

For a house, I like having my patios with the extra tmap books in case I've gotten myself into some trouble.

I loot just about everything except scrolls out of chests now to ensure I get my cub on.

For the level 2-6's I pick with my tmapper and just hide. After that I just have my provo tamer take care of the spawns and loot the chests. If I'm feeling extra frisky, ill bring another tamer.
    gitchu1000 and Kiryana like this.
  2. gitchu1000

gitchu1000 Active Member

I've been doing Level 1s with my tamer, with 0 skill in cartography. (1/250 chance for level 7 map, so we'll see how true that is)

I loot everything so i can chop the chest when it's empty. Everything gets CUB and move on.

I am following the information from my profile, which currently says I've done 0 (zero) t-maps, but lists the completed maps in real-time for the Completionist Achievement (although that says 0/200 as well).

I've worked with other cartographers where we've pulled gold 1 piece at a time for level 5 maps and have gotten over 80k gold from killing spawn. The chest disappeared before we cleared it 100%. So, just something to keep in mind. :)

my $0.02
  3. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  4. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I believe you have to keep the completed maps in existence (not throw them on a corpse, throw them in trash or let them decay). I thought I heard something about that before.
    One likes this.