Trouble with my crafting macros

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Ikibahd, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Ikibahd

Ikibahd Active Member

So I'm trying to level up my tailoring with a Razor macro; the actual crafting of the items works well, but my problem is that when I try to add in a macro to also use my scissors to cut up the pieces I create (shirts, pants, etc.), 90% of the time the macro just says "That is not accessible." I created a stand alone macro to attempt the same thing; Double Click scissors, wait for target, target (in this case Fancy Shirt), then I convert that to "target by type" and I am Still having the same "that is not accessible" message.

Has anybody else run into this? It happened to a certain extent also when I did this with Blacksmithing to smelt items, but not nearly as often (only about 40% of the time for my Blacksmithing).

Thanks for your help!
  2. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It sees clothes people near you are wearing. Go somewhere away from people and get naked
    eherruh likes this.
  3. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Did you open a container that had scissors in it? Or are some visible from where you're standing? Or the crafted item for that matter? Or are you wearing that item?

Razor sometimes remembers seeing items inside boxes you opened and will try to target/use them when doing "by type" macros, or if it sees them around.
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

sig worthy... at least for the rest of the week
    CaptainMorgan and eherruh like this.
  5. Ikibahd

Ikibahd Active Member

Hah! Thanks for the replies, I'll go see if that helps!

- well I tried doing like you said but I'm still getting the same error: not accessible... :(
  6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

The not accessible message comes from the fact that something/someone within 15~ tiles has the item you are trying to cut, even if you are wearing it or it's on the ground Razor will attempt to target those.

You need to get further out of town, or remove whatever clothing you're trying to cut if you're wearing it.
  7. CaptainMorgan

Yup, any players or NPCs wearing it, etc will trigger this. In fact, Razor seems to prefer the one being worn just off screen to the one in your pack for some reason
  8. Ikibahd

Ikibahd Active Member

It turns out I was not far enough away from people, so you guys were right. That's a silly function, but at least I know the reasoning now!
    CaptainMorgan and Deacon like this.
  9. CaptainMorgan

yeah, it's a pretty shitty mechanic. You can also smelt armor you're wearing. I think all of tailoring is fixed now so you cannot cut successfully clothes, with the possible exception of sandals (do NOT cut by type sandals when wearing blessed sandals)