Trying to recruit people to shard VIA PVP tournament Prizes & more. Contact Me.

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Althorn, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I need someone to send me some good pvp videos to show how engaging the pvp is here and possibly break down the mechanics a little in videos if you can.

I lack the equipment to do so or I'd attempt it myself. I'd like to have All tiers of pvp videos to show but I really would like some of the GReatest on here to please showcase the skill required to be considered the best. I have gotten into it recently and it is challenging something people have to put a lot of work into to be efficent and good.

I'm also going to be hosting a pvp tournament i will give a few weeks notice when I figure out date and prizes.
    If anyone would like to donate to help me fund this that would be awesome....

but I'd hope all available will come out even if no prizes but I will do my best to offer things worth your time if you seek pixels. Especially if I can verify someone will take the time to make a good video of it, & possiblly bring more people here.

PM me or comment everyone's typical availability and I will try to schedule the tournament for a day convenient to the majority.

This is purely to try to influence a lot of people I have played games with over the years to try to head here and give it a go. & tell other people they know ect ect.
    MikeK and Soma Holiday like this.
  2. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    newme likes this.
  3. Althorn

Ty @One There are some good videos up already with some of said names in them. But I'm hoping someone could make a video of a solid 1v1 with a breakdown of the fight. Maybe even multiple fights with a few different templates.

Alot of people.. mainly younger players tend to dismiss UO instantly due to the graphics. I think the pvp could attract those players if they could see how great it is. There are no elaborate videos on the pvp to my knowledge though. Just people killing people with no type of explanations. & for someone that has never played UO i feel that isn't enough to attract them.

I know what I'm asking for might be a lot of work but even if the video brings 5 people here then they bring another person each ect ect. You could also enter the video in the video contest hosted by @mikek85 after.
    newme, MikeK and One like this.
  4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Have you ever checked out SkillCapped for WoW pvp? I've used their videos in the past when I inhabited Azeroth, and I've thought for a long time it'd be cool to have something like that for UO. Or, what about posting fight videos and getting some of the hard-core pvpers to comment on them and recommend things to work on?

While I'm no god of pvp by any stretch of the imagination, I'm happy to spar with you and record it, and maybe add a commentary afterwards. If you're into it, I have a few ideas.
    newme likes this.
  5. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

I got ya covered man.
    Theodin, Spankrox, Balgami and 17 others like this.
  6. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

lol
    newme likes this.
  7. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Active Member

Case closed.
    newme likes this.
  8. One

One Well-Known Member

newme likes this.
  9. Althorn

lol leet stuff
    newme likes this.
  10. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

May I suggest adding in a paralyze or two to improve your chances against a foe who is fleet of foot?
  11. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

This is it El Horno.

You've peaked.

Congratulations.
    blasfede, newme and RIN like this.
  12. Althorn

Havent gotten alot of serious feedback. Considering prizes like Runics, bulk kegs, bulk wands and much more.

Trying to Speak with players that will attend to try to get a time they can possibly all agree on so all can be in attendance. Would like to get this thing planned out. It will be arena based but im also thinking of trying to figure out a way to have a 4v4 or 5v5 scenario as well as 1v1's ect. Need to know who's willing to attend.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  13. Althorn

Would like to make a signup sheet so I can have the #s.. This way i can to try to contact staff to arrange for ways to make all these things happen correctly. I need to know who will attend gather feedback from all and then i will arrange the time/date that supports all willing to be involved.
  14. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

15. One

One Well-Known Member

Althorn likes this.
  16. ebola

ebola Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    MikeK, El Horno, One and 1 other person like this.
  17. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

I was thinking, since we already have quite a few pvp/pk videos, do you maybe need someone to voice over them and just give a run down as to whats going on for the UO novice?
    Vandalin and Kilgore Trout like this.
  18. Althorn

Basically but more so on the higher tier 1v1 videos in arena. Fights where specific mechanics can go unnoticed in videos with no explanation. Some team fight breakdowns would be good to. I'm still going to host a tournament. & offer someone Pixels to break down some of the fights if a good amount of the top fighters around do come.

Aside from attracting new players. I also think if there was more pvp content with breakdowns it might encourage some of the people here that don't pvp to give it a go.

It could even be portrayed as a pvp guide IMO.. if it's elaborate enough so maybe staff could do something nice for the person who does it also.
  19. Althorn

I have gotten word that I can get access to a fort to host the team fights.

Need to know who's willing to fight.
  20. One

One Well-Known Member