T's-Shop Rune Library & New Player Assistance Center

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Treasureman_Retired, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Treasureman_Retired

Treasureman_Retired Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The house is still under heavy construction!! Recruiting vendors and awaiting completion of the rune library. Hoping to be fully open within the next 7 days!

Well being that the new player program has a starting point in Occlo, but there is no real extra assistance to help them going once they are let out into the rough world of Ultima Online. I have decided to turn my once vacant small marble into a very popular and helpful vendor house for both new players and veteran players a like. Once this place is done it will have a full rune library for the veteran players, and a small section for every hotspot used in Occlo that new players use to make it past the new player system. ***There will even be a full treasure map rune library accessible from the ground level on the grass, and within range of the bank! There will be a trash can right next to the library so any unwanted items can be disposed of, and valuable items can be quickly banked.***
    The house will have the usual vendors with very competitive prices with the usual; gm armor, gm weapons, reagents, spell books, rune books, potion kegs, furniture, cloths, and anything else we can think of. I will be covering the reagents, and if I recall Gideon will be covering gm armor and gm weapons.

The following spots need to be filled
    ~ Spell books / rune books
    ~ Potions / Potion kegs
    ~ Furniture
    ~ GM cloths
    ~ BODs
    ~ Fishing misc. items

This vendor house will need the help and (can believe I am saying this) the honesty of the shard when it comes to the weekly specials I will be running on a special vendor. Each week I will be having a special running for the new players as they only start with a certain amount of gold in which it can be difficult to start with. Each week a special will be ran in which I will have packages such as (a bag with a suit or 2 of dex armor, a few gm weapons, and 100 bandages) for 500g or (a bag with 100 of each reg, a wizards hat, suitable armor for a mage, and a full spell book) for 750g. I will run each special for one week or while supplies last, and will pick a different class laid out in the new players guide. This is where it might get tough, because if I see more veteran players buying and stealing the items from the new players, I will cancel the weekly special and choose a different path to take. If true new players are trying to survive, and they see veteran players being greedy and stealing what is meant for them, that speaks very loudly about the player base on the shard, and we may find ourselves losing new players, which is how shards die. I will need some support in this, as donations will be accepted, but as for now everything will be coming out of my pocket.

The goal of our vendor house section will be of course to keep a steady supply of everything our veteran players need to make their life easier with very competitive prices and hope to make the first rune library of Occlo a very successful and long lasting mark in UOR History. This will also be a way of explaining the importance of rune library's to our new players, and hopefully will be used as they make the change to veteran status.

With all this being said, I would like some feedback on the current status of the vendor house. As well as I need people to fill the vendor spots I have listed as I am going to start heavily on advertising. Every spot I will be issuing out will be accessible from the bank. Meaning you can not only stock your vendor from the bank, but your patrons can also bank their goods as they buy! This will be an honest establishment, and if any reports of scamming or any other type of dishonest act, you will be banned from the place until the end of time. All vendors must be fully stocked and not to be empty for more than a 24-48 hour period. I always hate going to a vendor house and seeing a vendor empty over and over and over.

Anyways, I hope I can pull this off the way I want to.... Thanks all!

Attached Files:

2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

A noble undertaking which will benefit the shard and especially, the new player population.

I wish you the best of luck kind sir.
  3. Treasureman_Retired

Treasureman_Retired Well-Known Member

Weekly Special's will not be done due to bad feedback, and the very good chance of a catastrophic back firing. Instead I will be doing something big on opening day as a way to draw new and veteran players alike. Also I still have no responses on any people wanting to place vendors there. No interest at all? I was hoping to outsource some vendors to others and share the wealth, but I suppose I could handle everything.
  4. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Free bump!

The shop is looking good Tman - Glad to see you have gotten it going!

Maybe Telamon will move that Helper NPC over to your shop since the house it's currently at is mothballed. :D