Turn the other (butt) cheek

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jack of Shadows, Feb 10, 2017.

Should we all Chill out, be friendly, and enjoy the game?

1. Yes, we can make our server a happier place for staff and players

76.0%
  2. Fuck you, I'm worthless and full of hate and spite

24.0%
  1. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

So a lot of us have had a love hate/ hate hate/ love love/etc type relationship in the game, some of us have trash talked and insulted each other since Beta. A lot of times it's just tongue in cheek, other times it's harassing and messing to be a jerk or to tease.

I'm willing, and I hope a lot of us will be willing to bury the hatchet, and to work on more positive communications. I've made this post in the past and we always end up degenerating back into this nonsense arguing and shit posting.

I love this game (in spite of my frustrations) and I'm grateful that we have a place to play and a quality server. I'd like to thank staff as always for the work and time invested.

But I do think it's time for us to refocus and regroup on our forum/irc/game communications. I love being insulting and vulgar as much as the next guy, but we're wearing staff out, we're teaching these new guys to communicate in the same snarky nasty manner, and that's if we're not just running them off.

I'm going to make an effort to reread everything I write from now on and if I feel it's too negative or it's beneath myself and my fellow players, then I'm going to simply not post it, or reword it to be more friendly and joking.

We don't want a server where bad attitudes are poison in the well and that spreads to other players. I forget that though a lot of times people don't see if I'm just being silly or nasty for effect and not for seriousness, and I don't want us becoming a bunch of miserable fucks who hate life, the game, each other, and everything else.

So it's a new year, let's have a good one and have some fun. I'll even offer to bury the hatchet with the people I like least here. I'll have to practice on my rp talk some, it'll be weird not cursing like a sailor.

Anyhow, Thanks Staff, Thanks Fellow Players. We can handle this with ease.
  2. Hiji Zuru

Hiji Zuru Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Your a troll pretending to be a community leader and spearhead "change". You are a fake and a fraud and do not have the best interest of this community in your heart. I initially supported your idea that stealing could use a review but after hearing how you have driven budding players in our community to quitting I have no remorse for calling you what you are. A scourge to UOR. Learn some self control and adult behavior and you just might get that in return as well some respect from others around.

I would literally pay you to stop griefing our noobs so that this shard can grow but its clear you have one objective here and your word is as good as garbage.

You want to destroy UOR.

There are lots of competitor shards and I honestly think you are working for one of them.

Boycott his stupid poll. he will use this data to dox you on other chars, etc..He has already targeted my guild members for calling bullshit on his stealing changes.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    MrCandyMan likes this.
  3. Fraggle

Fraggle Well-Known Member

I LOVE JACK AND UOR!

KEEP THA PEACE!
    Kiryana and Jack of Shadows like this.
  4. Jack of Shadows

I've been playing here since beta. I'll still be playing here when you're gone.

You obviously missed the point of the post, need to work on your humor, or are just a schizo.

Anyhow, you're one more nonsense comment away from being blocked. I'm serious about being over trash communications. I'm sure staff is exhausted and over it as well. Bad attitudes are contagious and this is an honest effort to encourage us all to chill out a bit.
    Henderson! likes this.
  5. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

Great post Jack!
    That's pretty badass to be introspective like that and look at yourself and not just other people.
    I love vulgarity and getting grimy too!
    But sometimes the line gets blurry between just having fun and out for blood.
    It's usually better left on the just for fun side, i think.
    People who know you well will just laugh it up because they know the context.
    But those who are new might look at the same scene and think "who is this asshole?"
    But in the same vein, fuck them.
    Devil's advocate!

Cheers to the staff, my friends, my enemies, and the forever young for being a part of the shit show!
    ::raises her deer skull full of rum::
    Kiryana and Jack of Shadows like this.
  6. Hiji Zuru

Sorry my opinion didn't fit into your checklist but you asked for it.
  7. Hiji Zuru

eh wrong thread
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  8. Jack of Shadows

Not sure what your point is, but gonna go ahead and hit that block button. I hope you can get your issues worked out.
  9. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

Thanks for your post Jack, I totally agree. Hiji, maybe you should move this over to trash talk and stop derailing.
    One and Jack of Shadows like this.
  10. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

This is a great server! Chris does a amazing job to provide us all entertainment. Instead of everyone bickering and causing @Chris to lose focus from his actual work. We should all just chill and realize this is just a game that we all very much enjoy. Love you all you are a great community
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I see it. I didn't read this but get the idea loud and clear as I've read the same story a few times. I support your effort and I'll do my best to ignore you if you slip.

Cheers and hail Renaissauce.
    Jack of Shadows likes this.
  12. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

Yes.

Also /facepalm
  13. Hiji Zuru

Calling me a "schizo" for arguing with you is real classy. You have been banned from this forum multiple times and now I see why.

I hope everyone reading this thread knows that ShadowJack has been banned from this forum many times for poor behavior and he just demonstrated it again.

14. Hiji Zuru

This thread should be moved into shit talking because this poll option is insulting to others of the community.
  15. Jack of Shadows

Take your meds Hiji, you are quite clearly insane.
  16. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  17. MrCandyMan

MrCandyMan Active Member

I trust no one.
    Ponne and Erza Scarlet like this.
  18. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Good initiative! I don't get all the trash talk, just sickens me.

P.S.
    Btw, what comes with that sauce? Something French I presume!
    One likes this.
  19. Jack of Shadows

The last time I tried to call the truce (it was a huge troll, just calling for the truce led to massive Hiji like meltdowns and arguments) I proposed that we as a server team up and have a few months of peace and champ spawn farming, I know I want about a billion plat worth of items, and so do a lot of you. It'd be nice to get the plat rate back down to 5k again as well.

I think this is one of those instances to where if we all stopped fighting to achieve a common goal we could all benefit greatly in the form of blessed runebooks, ethys, plat rewards, gold, etc.

It doesn't have to be forever but I think if this social experiment were carried out for a few months that the general attitude of the server will improve (more wealth = happier people) the market will improve (more wealth to buy, more items to sell/buy) and new to intermediate players will benefit and get to enjoy an aspect of the game that is partially closed off to them.

I know this will start some silly controversy, but I believe it'd be a refreshing change of routine for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2017
  20. jumpman

jumpman Well-Known Member

Perhaps the focus should be on developing relationships and working with folks who can help you achieve your goals, financial or otherwise. You might even make a friend or two during the process.

Artificially devaluing plat with the intent of shortcutting your path to the finish line, whether it be to obtain a blessed RB or ethy, only disparages the efforts of those who put forth the grind.

We all started with nothing. Make friends, work together, bust your ass, flourish.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Avery likes this.