Two-Story Villa Deco!

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Medieval Name, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Medieval Name

Medieval Name Well-Known Member

Hail all!

I am still waiting for some nice pieces such as playing cards, chessmen, vase and other rares to finish up but I haven't had a chance to meet with the auctioneer before I left for Mexico. I'm pretty excited to share my work since I've been thriving on deco since I joined the shard three months ago.. I figured I'd post pictures even tho there's some work to be done ;)
    I wish I had joined three months earlier so I could partake in the house decoration contest but oh well..! Your appreciation will be my reward :)

Lemme know what you think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Poogoblin, Zylphie, Cullinarn and 7 others like this.
  2. Crunk Juice

Crunk Juice Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Wow! Awesome Job! Might need to hire you to fix up my towerr
    Medieval Name likes this.
  3. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

Love how the firework, daemons blood(i think) and cure potions are perfectly set on the shelf and the skull on the stove oven. Great work! I like detailed deco placement.
  4. Medieval Name

Items that are not perfectly placed are due to a lack of lockdowns, hehe. I'm running out and altho some will keep their place when unlocked, some won't for some reason.. I had some fun placing some items such as the orc helm and the brazzier on the stone oven using ladders :)

glad you like it! I'll be sure to keep upgrading and partake in the house deco contest next year!

Ps, none of that unlocked stuff is stealeable or worth it, so looters don't bother! Haha
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  5. Medieval Name

Evil Dead likes this.
  6. Medieval Name

There we go! Now all I need is one of those spooky CuB frames to replace one of the murals and my project will be complete. Hopefully we won't have to wait til next year ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  7. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

Looks like a home fit for a true medieval badass good job buddy.
  8. Medieval Name

Thanks mate!
  9. Medieval Name

I wanted to replace the security table for horse dung as it is a relatively low object and doesn't show unless you're next to it with circle of transparency.
    Thought you couldn't walk thru it (you can't seem to walk thru it when unlocked) but sadly you can when locked down..
    It would have been funny that intruders couldn't go upstairs because they didn't want to step it in, hahaha
    Godric Greycliff likes this.
  10. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

Raise it up a bit with a deco tool and you won't be able to walk through it.
  11. Medieval Name

Yes but it would be a lost of time to raise it everytime. That's a good idea tho, I'll do some tests and maybe stack something under it
  12. Godric Greycliff

Honestly, I lock down and release an item like your table to get to and from the area of my home that appears to serve the same purpose that you have here. Elsewhere I use dung as a blocker and that never gets released. I just use the deco tool to lower it a tick, walk past and raise it a tick. I think I'm at least as quick at that operation but that may be predicated on the fact that I'm always carrying a deco tool as part of my regular equipment already. (You seem like the type to do that, too) I also don't ever mess it up by miss clicking and dropping the item in the wrong spot (like on myself) or accidentally forget and leave it unlocked. I just turn around and make sure I can't walk through it and, voilà, security check passed.

If you just don't want to see the blocking item there are others that will be completely obscured by the wall and don't have to be raised. I'm a particular fan of craftable stone rails (turned so they're just a post) and rare rocks. Either way your ingress/egress will be slowed by the use of circle of transparency. Looking good takes work and it looks like you're pretty hard working.
  13. Medieval Name

I do carry a deco tool on my at all times ;)
    Thanks for the tips! Honestly it's mainly because I thought the dung was funny to block access with but it would make the access a bit slower and I want to make sure upstairs stays secure. First floor doesn't have anything worth stealing and I love that the two-story villa only has one tile wide to walk to the second floor rooms. Makes it even easier to protect. I actually use a macro to move the table (I like the idea of a rock!). One key and it detects hidden, waits two seconds to give me time to press another key to cancel in case I see something suspicious and then automatically release/lift/walk/drop/lock the table, It's so quick that sometimes even my char doesn't have time to walk thru and I like it that way ;)

I don't have to worry about misdropping the item or anything. I definitely think I'll go for a rock.
    *waves and jump on his ostard heading to yew's mall*
  14. Godric Greycliff

If you don't find a rock in Yew I've got one for you that comes with a story about how it was given to me years ago by a mutual guildmate and once sat in an H*O home. . .

Except it's not very interesting and that's pretty much the whole story so you get that whether or not you want my rock.

. . . Still more interesting than a random Yew vendor rock.
  15. Cullinarn

Cullinarn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Having watched a fair bit of this go up, I must say: Medieval is a VERY good and thoughtful and thorough decorator. And I love the NPC style. I can't wait to stop by and see the changes firsthand. Great job, mate!
  16. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Don't neglect checking whether everything is safe from outside versus scavenging... just contact me in IRC for your items. It sucks to lose earned plat trophies.

upload_2018-1-5_0-5-16.png
  17. Medieval Name

Good lord, thanks for your understanding mate! I seriously had no idea you could ready the balcony. Trophie are back where they belong! The rest will have to wait until I figure what to get rid of.. two lockdown expansions on a villa is a bit of an overkill, ha.
    BlackEye likes this.