Two years without taking a bath!

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jean Sparkle, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Jean Sparkle

Jean Sparkle Member

Day 730 year ?????

It's been two years now that I am training day and night. My fingers bleed but I don't feel them anymore, I don't feel anything at all. I became the music I play. The book I read about this talent was telling the truth: we can control beasts with music! There is so much things that I have learned in the past years that I could write a book. Alas, a part of my mind seems to be broken...

Day 731

I have a strange feeling, it feels like something is calling me. It's been two years and a day that I am alone in the wild. I must go back in the civilisation, I have to know what is that strange feeling inside my bones. Maybe I pushed my mind too far and I imagine things?

Day 732

I recall to the crowded city of Occlo: city of thieves and dead people inside (you talk to them and they just keep casting spells on themselves). After two years without seeing anyone, I am glad to hear the music played by the bard, the merchants selling bakery and the town crier telling the lastest news. Once I arrive in town, I see a raven flying over me. It looks like it's looking for me. He lands in front of me and I pick the scroll in his beak. The letter is writtten by Edgar Swifthand, a novice tailor that wishes to knows the secrets of the mysterious polyester clothes!
    Jean Sparkle_11-16_13.03.jpg

Dear Mr. Sparkle. I know this is strange, but I've been through a lot of stranges adventures. I almost lost my soul for you! The freemen of Paws need you!

Day 733

Two years without taking a bath, and now my name is carved in a strange gravestone, my friend Edgar almost lost his soul so I could join the freemen of Paws, and those freemen of Paws are fighting a (man... daemon...?) named Baeron Jaell. Did I fall asleep in the woods or I really lost my mind...? Anyway, if the world needs me, I will answer the call! I've never been a spiritual man before, but I'll do my best to get rid of the dread men filling Britannia and corrupting the city of spirituality: Minoc (just kidding, it's Skara Brae, thank you Dun Scaith!!)

My quest will begin tomorrow because I really need to take a nap... and a bath!

*Just to let you know, english is not my main language, so I made a lot of effort to write something pleasant to read even if I have a lack of vocabulary. Thank you and if you want to help me improve my english, you have the right to report all the language bugs in this thread, but in private!*
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

*Jupiter begins raising the barrier around the Sapphire Pond by 3 meters*

"Hello Jean, and welcome to Paws! You'll find our village has all the amenities to support a comfortable woodland life style.

I must insist you use the lake that is about 1km to the west for any... uhh.. personal hygenic activities. Well, uh, in fact I insist!"

Haha. Welcome, and don't let the bed Baerron's bite!

(that's a play on words for the common English phrase "don't let the bedbugs bite)
  3. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

There is a lot of WINning going on here.
  4. Dun Scaith

Dun Scaith Well-Known Member

When he said he wanted to show me the magic trick which took him two years of no bathing to perfect... and that it required animals... I may have puked in my mouth a little.

The accommodations on the second floor of the tower has no windows.. so...
    I humbly request that he sleeps in the stable.. until.. that bath in the lake occurs.

We could always take Sparkles out to the depths of destard and have the water elementals do their work if he doesn't co-operate.
    Alice Asteroid and Jupiter like this.