Uncle Donnies Prized Yew Gate House starting bid 1 gp

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Uncle Donnie, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Air

Air Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

So let me get this straight, you guys want to burn @Uncle Donnie for selling his house via private offer, yet accept everyone else disclaimers saying "I reserve the right to sell privately...or I reserve the right to not do business with whoever.."? Sounds like a witch hunt to me.

Do I like the guy? not my favorite person. Has he scammed anyone before? Probably not INTENTIONALLY, but there was a situation where people lost money when he was unable to complete a scroll. Did he ATTEMPT the scroll or just take the money and run?

Give the guy a damn break, y'all are pointing fingers at him while pretending you never screwed up before. You are all grownups I think, so if you feel like this might be a "scam" don't do business with the guy. Until he purposely "Scams" someone, what are we even arguing about?

Matthew 7: 1-6
    7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
    3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
    Xegugg likes this.
  2. Steel_Reserve

Steel_Reserve Member

so he welshed on the buyout?
  3. Crunk Juice

Crunk Juice Well-Known Member

@CaptainMorgan bid the BO and hour or 2 later he said it was sold via private offer. Lmao... I guess I was raised the old school way. Once a scammer always a scammer. Usually you can spot them a mile away because they don't have a profile pic... right @TreeHugger?
    One likes this.
  4. Air

Air Well-Known Member

@masseykr55....

Here are a few examples where you guys accept the stupid disclaimers that do not "technically" violate the trade forum rules, and have been publicly forbidden by Telamon himself:

@Iago : terms: 48 hours if 1 bidder, 24 hours if 2 or more bidders. Plat @ 10k. Hcoin @ 5.5k! I reserve the right to cancel, end, or cut short this auction on any item at any time for any reason as well as refuse the right to do business with any person for any reason. Thanks all for looking!

Iago: terms: 48 hours if one bidder, 24 hours if 2 or more bidders. Plat @ 10k, hcoin @6k. I reserve the right to cancel, cut short, or end this auction at any time for any reason. Thanks for looking!

@Cynic :
    http://uorforum.com/threads/for-sale-forest-troll-boss-camp-small-house.20646/ I reserve the right to do what I want with this auction. If you have to ask yourself if you're someone I probably wouldn't do business with, then you're probably right - don't bother.
    Any posts unrelated to this auction will be reported for removal.

@Gideon Jura : I reserve the right to do what I want as this is my property and my auction.

So, since no one cared about these guys' auction standards, why are you attacking @Uncle Donnie ?
  5. Crunk Juice

6. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

Never met uncle Donnie, never have I seen gambit in the game, nor do I care to have an avatar.

However, the same old group gets on a guy and look what happens.

Embarrassing.

I've sold multiple things to multiple people here. Done the same with buying.

I'm up standing although quite new here.

My opinion isn't your opinion so you get all over me. You all fail to see reason where having it does you no good.

You all do what Donnie did but because it's Donnie it's a scam.

Embarrassing.
  7. Crunk Juice

I'm not getting all over you. I am just stating my opinion just like you have. I have nothing against you at all.
  8. shad

shad Well-Known Member

@Air the fact is @Uncle Donnie dont declare any "disclamers". So, was was not supposed to sell it via a private B/O.

I personally dont have any problem with @Uncle Donnie but when friends are cheated, i also feel cheated.

I will not comment anymore this case because everything has been said.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Zekaria, One, Vandalin and 3 others like this.
  9. Player X

Player X Well-Known Member

Umm.... did you fail to read or fail to understand my first-hand account? He intentionally scams. It's what he does.
    Zekaria and One like this.
  10. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

The same group with first hand experience? Why is your opinion more valid than anyone elses?
    Zekaria, Bloodlust and One like this.
  11. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

Aside from this thread and that this dude is Gambit. Am I the only one who thinks not refunding a bunch of guys their money on a failed scroll isnt UNreasonable? like the Bernie campaign said #NoRefunds
  12. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  13. Bloodlust

Bloodlust Well-Known Member

Uncle Donnie is a scammer for sure.

No smoke without fire!
    Zekaria, Vortex and One like this.
  14. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

Donnie sold me this ladder and now I'm a paraplegic
  15. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Valid claims or not... the virtuous approach would have aligned with the forum and trade rules.

potatomemewitheld
  16. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

Joking aside, you should sell this to CM if you still have it. He's a rich fella who's good to have trade relations with, you'd want him to treat you properly in a trade if you were dealing with high end items.
  17. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

I raise you the broomshakalaka ShadowJack
    Jack of Shadows likes this.
  18. Xavaan

Xavaan Active Member

As someone who was apart of the failed quest in question, the lost money was never of concern or an issue. (at least personally) It was the way the fella in question handled himself during, after, since, and continues to that is concerning, frankly. I personally asked him not to refund my money but to let me in on his next tamer quest for a discounted fee if anything (which I'm still waiting on an answer...)
    Vandalin and Player X like this.
  19. Gzus

Gzus Well-Known Member

The trade forum is like business anywhere else. The community of buyers will share their experiences and that will create the reputations of the sellers. If a seller chooses to engage in unethical practices (against the rules or not) that violate the buyers ethical standard, they will develop a poor reputation, which seems to be the case here.

A new buyer, wishing to engage in transactions on the trade forums depend on this feedback and buyer communication to protect themselves from fraud.

The most successful businesses are those that are perceived to be the most ethical. We don't need to beat a dead horse, but it is important call out wrong doing. This is why things like seller rating on eBay and Amazon are so important. These post determine our seller rating. As long as the feedback constructive and honest, even if is only perceived collusion or seller fraud, it still needs be pointed out.

If you don't like Uncle Donnie, don't buy from him, but be the silent masses that allow others to come harm because we failed to speak up.

Just my 2 cents, take it for whats its worth. I neither defend or support anyone in this thread, but felt obliged to reply. May the trolls be merciful on my forum post.

- Doosh Baggins
    Avery, eherruh, Vandalin and 5 others like this.
  20. Bloodlust

Bloodlust Well-Known Member