[Under testinf] A self-made display case method *mainly for books*

Discussion in 'Guides' started by (D%), Oct 16, 2016.

1. (D%)

(D%) Active Member

I m not too sure if this has been written about before on the forum, but i guess i will just go ahead and write about my experience and the method.
    *DOESNT WORK ON CONTAINERS EVEN LOCKDOWN, ITEM INSIDE MIGHT BE OBTAINED WITH RESTOCK AGENT*

In the process of putting together the small knife gallery, a major struggle for all who wish to display their collections has been faced: running out of lock downs. I only got a handful of plat coins and the most i can get at the moment is another 25 lock downs, which is barely gonna help with the set i would like to display. On top of that, i wish to display books that are readable to the visitor beside the knifes, like the fantastic tale from Too Old For This…

Until one day a discovery was made while sorting through boxes at my small tower. I realize that if items are put behind a raised up blocking table/rail, items behind that (e.g. boxes, books) cant be pick up while remains non-locked down. Most importantly books or books inside a container can be read but it cant be edited.
    Screen shot 2016-10-16 at 12.27.02 PM.jpg
    *image updated to avoid confusion*
    The main idea is the block the viewer one tile away from the object with a raised up block. So have to make sure that the object is either cornered or blocked from all ways.
    Screen shot 2016-10-16 at 12.55.42 PM.png
    for example, if the marble pedestal is not lock down there, the item inside that purple boxes would be able to taken out, as well as the box itself if not locked down.

i have tested it around for 4 days now trying different ways to take things out of the box and edit the books, and so far this method works okay for me.
    hope this might be useful for any collector out there.

*edit* for containers, is best to have then locked down, as it can be chopped by axe/hatchet. I just learnt my lesson by trying to chop mine*
    *edit2* This method is currently broken for container, items can be taken by restock agent.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

3. (D%)

(D%) Active Member

Just got an advice on another method to test proofing the system, will change the thread to beta as for now
  4. (D%)

(D%) Active Member

Thanks for the kind advice, this method for containers is broken by the restock agent.
    So as for now, method is. Only workig for books!
  5. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Can you pick up the books though? Ive fiddled with this every which way i could think of but never had much luck. I did some testing with crooks and we found its possible to display books on the inside of the porch railing on a large marble house safely as far as we could tell.. Books were readable but not edit or takeable
    skratt and (D%) like this.
  6. (D%)

(D%) Active Member

The books cant not be picked up or stolen so far when test i have done, only loophole is that if it is inside a container(box, pouch, etc) , it can be taken with the use of restock agent. For those books which just sit on the table counter, this method is working fine so far
    PaddyOBrien likes this.