Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by One, Jun 22, 2017.

1. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  2. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member

I think even then it would greatly boost faction participation.
    One likes this.
  3. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

I swear to god you have the absolute worst ideas I’ve ever seen. It’s almost as if you have zero comprehension whatsoever of how anything works, is supposed to work, or what kind of consequences would occur with certain changes. It’s like you just blurt something out that you yoinked out of the netherworld. And I don’t have the time or patience to address every single point, knowing that your very next comment, or idea, will be just as ridiculous as the former. Please, just stop.
    scuba likes this.
  4. Cheapsuit

Am I being issued a formal gag order for having opinions?
    So does this mean you think my idea won't increase faction activity, or you just don't like my idea simply because it's not what you want?
  5. Cheapsuit

@Mandevu, do let me know when you have the time for a proper rebuttal.
  6. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

But what is the point in wanting to form a group, take over town's, farm silver, and donating all your silver to your guilds top dexxer so they can be a little overpowered when you would get it all for free and blessed at that?
    Animal Control and One like this.
  7. Cheapsuit

I totally get what you're saying, and will never ask you to stop thinking of ideas, but I'm thinking we have to choose the lesser of the two evils.
    As of right now, what is the point of factions if there is no activity? My suggestion wasn't meant to be a permanent one.
    One likes this.
  8. Talon Karde

Talon Karde Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Get rid of sync dumps and you will see A LOT more interested in UO PvP.

I, and many others, just aren’t interested in the run offscreen, med, run on screen, dump, run off screen, med, run on screen, dump.. rinse and repeat PvP meta of UO.

No mounts and no sync dumps(reduced spell damage when multiple people cast on a target like Rel Por had) would be my suggestion. Until then, hard to even care about PvP. Not fun.

Won’t happen, but neither will PvP.
  9. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

I don't think any of that will do a damn thing. If people want to PvP they will learn to duel before going on to make a bunch of suggestions, which is not common here. Most people make suggestions and don't even know basic 1v1. It doesn't make any sense to be completely honest to see this amount of suggestions but empty pits
    Animal Control and Rextacy like this.
  10. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  11. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member

I've witnessed talon wrecking mages on his dexxer and them having to run off screen to med and regain composure. Dexxer is not at a disadvantage at all here. No support needed unless a couple stun mages run up on you. If you want expensive stuff, run a factioner. Make and bless the weapons. Sell after and repeat ..
  12. Talon Karde

Dexxers are great here, I agree. But a well skilled mage/hybrid/pvper/whatever will kill him.. 1v1 will almost always come down to skill and thats how it should be. And I enjoy taking a dirtnap on my dexxer to a well skilled PvPer.. Its actually fun to try and kill them even knowing I will probably die in the end.

What is the big PvP turnoff for me, and I assume most people, is sync dumping. It requires no skill, and consists of barely any PvP. It consists of off-screen with your squad, medding, and all clicking a button to instantly kill someone. It's not fun. At all. And frankly, the reason I will just recall the second I ever see more than 1 PvP/Pk on screen. There is no point. I will chase.. they will off screen on their mega fast horses until they get the sync dump ready....and yeah.... Oh hell yeah! I survived with my epic heal... oh... lets rinse and repeat until their sync dumps land perfectly... Fun.

I think that scenario can relate to 99% of PvP related activites here. Did I miss some offscreening though?
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  13. Mandevu

Last tournament I was in I was the only mage, stun heal. The rest were stocked out dexxers and all of them, except for one, was using val runics. The one that wasn’t was using a verite.
    Full pots, wands, magics, etc. inside a small box.

I won the tournament. Yeah, dexxers wreck. :rolleyes:
    One and Rextacy like this.
  14. Talon Karde

As I said.. Skilled mages will still always beat dexxers. Wasn't arguing about dexxers sucking being the reason there is no PvP.
  15. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

You dislike people playing together and would rather play the game solo right?
  16. Talon Karde

Huh? Not sure I understand what you are saying. What does that have to do with sync dumping?

There is nothing more fun in game than doing events with people/guilds/etc. This game becomes very boring very fast when played solo.
  17. Mandevu

Glacial staffs are the answer to all our problems..
    scuba likes this.
  18. Cheapsuit

Is the goal here to keep things the way they are and never grow the community? I'm just confused as to why vets here are so eager to shoot down any ideas offered by newcomers. Not everyone have the " time or patience" to schedule a fight every time they want to pvp. Some people would like to just log in and jump into some already ongoing pvp action. I'd like to think that we encourage new ideas.
  19. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Dude.

Flag grey walk into town.

Go red lurk by guard lines.

Go bucs, announce on IRC that everyone is a pussy and you are the greatest PVP'er on the server.

Post on the forums that you're paying 50k for 10 of your PVP characters heads in a bag.

Go to artic ogre lords - wait.

Start a guild - send war invites to every guild on the server.
    One, Rextacy and scuba like this.
  20. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Rextacy likes this.