unlimited time/budget orc mechanics

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Geo, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Geo

Geo Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I have a dream that one day orcs will be playable. They wouldn't be able to mount but they can attack human players in town guards. Npc orcs do not attack them and essentially are responding to a silent guard me at all times, whereby if a player orc is attacked they will attack the attacker. Guards don't insta kill them but do a lot of damage. To deal with this the orcs would have a mechanic similar to champion spawn in that if they accomplish a certain amount of (bloodthirsty) deeds they advance an event condition, in their case inspiring dozens or hundreds of npc orcs to invade the city of their choosing. Ideally for them this cannon fodder absorbs the high damage from town guards so they can focus on human players and shopkeepers who will be put on a respawn timer if they die.

They will have chests perhaps within tents, that if within a certain radius of a city raid, have a small chance to improve the quality of armor and weapons put inside. These chests are lootable so it gives humans a reason to push back besides protecting the npcs they rely on.

Perhaps orc raids earn platinum for kills during invasions that is tiered based on their clan rank. But to disincentivize giving every player orc high rank, their gross plat per raid is reduced when suffering losses, more gross loss from deaths of high rank clan members.

To revitalize orc forts perhaps they too spawn or can have placed chests with scaling stats, that go up the longer they remain in chest. Maybe they require a human player or shopkeeper (so alts can't be used) body part to be catalyzed.

The more success a clan has in various pvm and pvp objectives the higher level orc npcs the clan leadership is able to spawn either at forts or during raids. Since they don't have access to towns perhaps they can forage to gather additional regs or be able to craft regs in vats.

Although a human and orc could team up, they cannot understand each other's speech.
  2. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

3. Vishakt

Vishakt Well-Known Member

Urmm...luuk humi...Vish nub wunt uu tu *makes finger quotes* pley wiff ee. Dat kreepee. Ib uu tri pley wiff Vish, Vish gunna choom uu gug agh add uu's hed tu Vishuz kohlekshun.

(psst... orcs are playable. Join IRC channel URK or leave a message http://uorforum.com/forums/bloodrock-orcs-urk.35/ here after the beep. Love the idea of triggering town invasions though even though even I think it is a bit much to ask for.)
  4. Geo

Geo Active Member

(I've been collecting orc style armors though Im a bit overextended on characters at the moment but eventually I will make one)

eh errmm...

To D1ck with thee ORC!!!!
  5. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to see a new tameable, wargs/worgs. They would be larger versions of dire wolves with colors ranging from the dark dire wolves to possible nightmare hues or the darker shadow-like ostard hues. The graphic might have to be a little customized (maybe tweak the polar bear rideable graphic to look more wolf-like or just enlarge dire wolves and make them rideable) but I know we have awesome coders residing on this shard somewhere.

They would be like having an ostard mount but maybe bump up their stats just a little bit to make them like polar bears or a grizzly.

Orcs could then allow members of their guild to ride them based on rank and position within the guild, great opportunity for RP within the guild and gives new members something to work towards.

I think this would be an awesome addition, yes it's custom content but the path this shard has gone down in regards to taming and other such things it really wouldn't be too much of a stretch IMO. I really think it would offer a huge boost to the orc community, hell I'd want to roll a worg rider!! :)
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  6. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

Equip an orcish mask of the kin and you goal is partway met. You do not need anyone to do anything special to gain protection from NPC orcs.
  7. Geo

Geo Active Member

oh an orc mask prevents them from attacking already? what about the helms the orc lords wear?
  8. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Mask of Orcish Kin is what you want, its green. Nothing else gives you the protection from NPC orcs