UO Client cannot be un-minimized

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Dalavar, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

this is on Windows 8 (or maybe 8.1, not sure)

For some reason, when I open up Razor and log in, my UO Client window gets automatically minimized. Right-clicking on it in the bottom bar give me options of:

Ultima Online Client
    Pin this program to task bar
    Close Window

Clicking on the first one gives me a weird dialog box that says "Another Copy of UO is already running!"

Anyone have any idea how to maximize the window?
    Vlar likes this.
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Resolved, thanks Wodan.

If you hover over the minimized bar icon, a window preview comes up, and you can right-click on THAT to maximize.
  3. Anarchy

Anarchy Active Member

Or press "WINDOWS-KEY + ArrowUp" while focus is on your window.
    This also resolves the problem.
    I also had it.
    Vlar likes this.
  4. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Holey @#%% a use for the windows key that isn't just screwing you up in a first-person shooter.

Side-note: I once watched a large man tear the windows key from his keyboard in a fit of rage at a LAN party. (counter-strike)
  5. Lethius

Lethius Member

Scenario:

Siege Perilous. I log on, my guildies are dead to PKs in Hythloth, so I recall down there. I engage the PKs, caught them in an awkward spot, manage to kill two of them. I run from the 3rd and recover, and we begin to fight. It is fair even for a bit, then I start getting him down.

I hammer my heal potion macro key... ALT F1... ALT F1, why is my screen freezing...

8 million fricken Windows Help pop up... NOOOOOO!!!! I was hitting WINDOWS F1!!!!!

I get back in, dead. Key ripped from keyboard.

Yesterday I got a call from a nice man from possibly Bangladesh or India saying he is from "Microsoft" and that I should repair a problem. I'm a programmer, so I'm just stringing the fellow along. I work with Microsoft, they dont call you like this :) He asks what key is next to my CTRL button (do I have a Mac or Windows), I play dumb saying that somebody took out that key! (me) I strung him along for a few minutes until I started mocking him. Gotta get your kicks from the telemarketing scams somehow.
    Jupiter and Vlar like this.
  6. SirDire

SirDire Member

Alt+Enter and then do it again.