UO Renaissance's Watercrafts

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by SirLanceAlittle, Dec 6, 2012.

1. SirLanceAlittle

SirLanceAlittle Member
    UO:R Subscriber

For those who are unaware, there is a whole other world to explore out upon the waters of Britainia and the Lost Lands. There are fish to catch and cut into fish steaks to sell, or cook them yourself. There are also specialty fish that when consumed, give one a temporary increase in their stats, based on the type of fish. But beware, there are are also many dangers, such as Sea Serpents, Deep Sea Serpents, Water Elementals, Krakens , and yes, even pirates that will attack you. How good a captain and crew you have will determine your outcome; victory, or defeat.

Ships are built by dedicated craftsmen, grandmasters in the skills of Blacksmithy, Carpentry, Tailoring, and Tinkering. They also have to gather the many needed materials, some, like Oak, are rare, that go into building a ship.

Now that I've piqued your interest, let me take a moment to show you the six types of watercraft available here on UO Renaissance. These ships have been being crafted by Darkwing, Grandmaster Shipwright for some time now. New to this art is Rokk, also a Grandmaster Shipwright, inspired by Darkwing. You will notice that from the mast to the bow (front), the three sizes of each of the two styles, are the same. The size difference is most obvious from the mast to the stern (rear).

All three sizes of the two types of craft are available from Rokk, Grandmaster Shipwright. Ordering instructions, and additional pictures, will be posted soon on the Trading Post.

Attached Files:

2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Nice post. Good to see another crafter get into this field. Our man DarkWing has had his hands quite busy these past few months.

I would personally like to see more variety in the boating world in the future. Are there graphics in the client for different models or colors by any chance?
  3. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

Placing my order for a Pontoon Party Barge!!!

Currently blueprinting plans for a floating Citadel :roll:
  4. Messiah

Messiah New Member

Think they should add cannons to boats and boats take damage, think of the fun events that could be done with that and actually make the water an active spot :p
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

%1000 agree.