UOAM: Making Houses Show Up

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Lightshade, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

UOAM: Making Houses Show Up

I've seen several people, myself included, have issues getting housing to show up in UO Auto Map. Here's the basics to get you going.

First off, go the the Additional Settings under Map in the menu.

Then from there you need to check the box on the UOAssist tab for "
    Show Objects that would appear on UO's Radar Map" and then select a file under "Log Houses to this file:". You can setup your own custom file if you want, or just select the default "Houses" file. If you want to setup your own, go to the "Files" tab and add one in.

[​IMG]

On the "Files" tab, you must make sure that your "Houses" file is checked, or UOAM won't be showing what its logging.

Note: You may select your own custom file for this if you want to have multiple files or use a different file.

[​IMG]

Then in your "Filter" tab, you need to find each type of house and make sure that it is checked.

[​IMG]

Continuing on, if certain houses are not showing up, you need to go in to "Edit" on the "Filters" tab for each house type and make sure the "this category has an Icon" box is checked. I would also make sure that "Icon Tilts and Scales with the map" is checked.

[​IMG]

A general rule of thumb for UO / Razor / UOAM as far as settings are concerned is the Compatibility Mode Tab Settings. Right Click on your UOAM icon and go to Properties. Select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" under the Compatibility tab in the Compatibility Mode section and make sure the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" is checked. Under Privilege Level, you may find that you need to check the box for "Run this program as an administrator".

[​IMG]

Do all of that and you should be able to see all the houses in your UOAM.

Cheers!

~ L / S
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    Black Tortoise, Dhark, Willeh and 4 others like this.
  2. shad

shad Well-Known Member

i follow the guide and still no luck...
    Namarra likes this.
  3. MMz

MMz Active Member

Not working for me too ;(
  4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Active Member

same here. it was working for me, then stopped out of no where. ive reset everything, still no luck :-/
  5. shad

shad Well-Known Member

It stop to work when i upgrade my razor.
  6. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Yeah the 1.0.14 Razor can't do this anymore for some reason. Known bug, but the new developers aren't really developing.
  7. dissident

dissident Active Member

Does anyone have a Houses.map file that can transfer to me? The latest version of Razor does not log them.

Thanks!
    Black Tortoise likes this.
  8. Milky Milkerson

Milky Milkerson Active Member

Has anybody found a solution for this? I'm trying to get houses to appear on my UOAM and I have Razor 1.0.14 and I dead-ended here.
  9. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

Same. Forts and castles don't show upon my UOAM.
  10. Melochabre

Melochabre Well-Known Member

I do not believe there is a way to make Forts and Large Keeps show up automatically in UOAM. Those multis seem to not be recognized by UOAM.

However, you can manually place each Fort and Keep you come across, but that's a pain. A far better way is to use @Quick's Automated Map Updater.

Here is a link for a fort icon I made that you can upload into UOAM: Fort Icon. Adding it to UOAM is very simple:
    -open up the UOAM Control Panel and navigate to the Filter tab
    -At the bottom of the Filter section, you can click "Add" and give it the name "fortress"
    -check mark "this category has an Icon" and "Icon Tilts and Scales with the map"
    -click the "Choose Icon..." button and select the fortress icon file from above

Now you've got the fortress loaded into UOAM. Thanks to Quick's automated updater (thanks to @Erlkonig who orignally posted this method), you can have all of the spots with a fortress marked on your map automatically.

Because I am a graphics newb, I could not figure out how to center my fort icon on the x,y axes. So instead my fort's origin is at the upper left corner - rather than starting at the stairs like all other UOAM house icons. In order to fix this you must edit Quick's fortress offets in the "UORHousePositions.ps1" file. Change the fort offsets (just the part within the brackets) from ["fortress" = "1,11";] tp ["fortress" = "-14,-16";]
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  11. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I haven't forgot about your pull request.