UOAM MAP Files (Wine/Mac)

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Stark, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Stark

Stark New Member

Hello, I'm new here.

I'm using Wineskin in OS X 10.8 to play UOR and it's running really great! I used the Mac guide here to determine what to install via Winetricks and then everything else went perfectly. I had UOR and Razor running great. Wine version 1.7.10 I think.

But I also wanted UOAM... I fiddled quite a bit to get the version of UOAM linked here (v9) working, but I had zero luck. It would start up and then just hang. I saw on WineHQ.org that older versions seemed to work, so I downloaded 8.3 and installed it into my Wine bottle... Works like a charm!

However, my MAP files are probably slightly off since I got the download from UOSA. Ocllo locations are not correct (The Tinkers Guild is labeled as the Counselor's Guild for instance). And I'm assuming that the Treasure locations are going to be wrong as well. I'm honestly not sure *how* off it will be... Maybe not enough to be worried?

But, is anyone on UOR using MAP files that would be compatible with UOAM 8.3? I'd love to get them if possible.
  2. Wil

Wil Member

Last I heard, UOAM downloads its maps from a common source. It isn't customized to UOR or UOSA. AFAICT, the treasure map locations are identical across the servers.

Ocllo is very custom here. You'll have to put in your own markers if you want them. Note that you can change the default names if it bothers you; just Edit.

Also, fortress and large keeps are custom here, so they don't automatically show up in UOAM. It would be nice if Chris found a way to trigger UOAM to place house markers where fortresses and large keeps are. Even if though they wouldn't match the icons, they'd at least show the space occupied without manually adding a keep or castle marker. I know I can get to it on the web site, but I can't make my own notes on the web site and it doesn't zoom as fast as a local app.

Regards,
    Wil
  3. Stark

Stark New Member

Sounds like I'm all set then. Thanks Wil!
  4. OHJ

OHJ New Member

I'm in the basically the same boat as the OP -- using Wine to play UO on a Mac and the UO:R install of UOAM just freezes no matter what Wine settings I've tried. I'd like to try an older version of UOAM but it no longer has an official distribution site. I don't want to try a random location as I don't want to get a virus-injected version. Can anyone provide direction on where is a safe place to download UOAM v8.3 from?