UOAM Single Client Chat?

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Lethius, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Lethius

Lethius Member

I have tried typing in UOAM chat using the Single Instance client:

-- hello

Nothing. No text appears. I can chat via the little UOAM chat window, but is not very friendly.

Is this a known issue? Any tips on how to resolve?

I read there was some issue with the multi-client auto-switch mode, but to be clear I am using the Single Instance shortcut, I only have one account I am playing with.

Thanks
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

My first thought when I hear this is the multi client issue. But you said you only have one instance of UO open? If that is the case then I'd say the next option is to close uo and uoam. Open uo first and log in, then open uoam and link to the server. If it's still not working then I recommend immediate defenestration of your personal computer. If defenestration isn't an option, then uninstalling uoam and reinstalling is a close second option.
  3. Lethius

Lethius Member

Defenestration is an option that feels close, particularly when using the small chat window.

Knowing that this mode of communication is indeed possible gives me some hope of saving my computer from a fenestrous fate.
  4. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Haha.

Seeing this made me laugh. Also I possibly came up with a plausible theory for black holes...

Out in the universe there are other advanced species which have reached the same pinnacle as the human race, and have created a UO-like game. A black hole is created when, one fateful day, someone inadvertently flings their computer into a black chat window of virtual reality!
  5. Lethius

Lethius Member

Another chilling possibility... when I type chat in my UOAM that appears to go nowhere... my messages are sucked into a worm-hole in space-time and funneled into a UOAM chat in a parallel universe? A kind of Bizarro-world where the good guys are bad guys and the bad guys are good guys and VOP and Py Lethius go around griefing instead of role-playing?

:eek:
    Jupiter likes this.