UOR Chat System (Not Final)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Chris, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

UO Renaissance employs an innovative chat system. This post will cover the basics of its use.

Party System
    Usage: "/ Message" or "/ add"
    [​IMG]
    Note: Once you have received a part invite you can use "/ accept" or to decline use "/decline". The party system does not currently allow for non flagged looting of a party members corpse. (This is under evaluation)

Public Chat
    Usage: "[c message" or "[ch message"
    Example:
    [​IMG]
    Notes:See the options section for how to enable/disable the public channel

Guild Chat
    Usage: "[g message" or "[guild message" or "\ message"
    Example:
    [​IMG]

Alliance Chat
    Usage: "[a message" or "[ally message"
    Example:
    [​IMG]
    Note: Need to look into getting "|" working also

Faction Chat
    Usage: "[f message" or "[faction message"
    Example:

Multi Server
    Usage: "[mu"
    Note: Not sure what this does at the moment, pulls up the same window as IRC

Private Message
    Usage: "pm username message"
    Note: This needs some work to determine exactly how it handles multi part names messages.

Mail
    Usage: "[ma]" or "[mail"
    [​IMG]

Friend List
    Usage: "[friends"
    [​IMG]
    Note: Displays the list of players that you have marked as friends using the Irc feature.

View All System
    Usage: "[i" or "[irc" or "[va"
    Example:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Note: This provides a simple IRC type system of user listing and private messages between players. You can friend, or ignore users and send private messages. Each users mailbox supports 50 messages and is indicated by a list icon and interface mailbag icon.

There are 4 small buttons in the upper right.
    The "P" button allows you to choose an avatar and signature for the PM system.
    [​IMG]

The "Q" button shows you additional details about the users listed, allowing you easy access to adding a player as a friend, ignoring a player or quickly sending that player a PM.
    [​IMG]

The "M" button shows you the chat options for your character. You can toggle on or off any of the channels your character is a member of. In this picture I have access to the Alliance, Guild (tst) and public chat. You can also access a variety of other options for the chat system. The "1", "2", "3" buttons allow you to customize the look and feel of the chat system.
    [​IMG]

The "S" button seems to be for a search function.
    [​IMG]
  2. Gharik

Gharik Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Will adding friends be a targeted function? Or will you just /add "Username?"

Not sure how /add "username" would work, since UO allows duplicate names. No hurry on the response... I'm merely curious.
  3. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Its a targeted function by the party leader (whoever initializes the party). You use /add and after being targeted a player can accept or refuse the invitation.
  4. Gharik

Gharik Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

No no. I was talking about the "Friends List" Unless that's just for party members? In which case, I may be utterly confused.
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The friends list feature is mostly like an instant messenger. It gives you a way to add players to a quick list for easy online status checks and sending pm messages. I think you have to find them in the "all" list to add them.

So not like a party.
  6. Oldschool Nobody

Oldschool Nobody New Member

I would really like to see this implemented. Any chance of it being finished in the future?

EDIT: I just looked at the post date. I assumed that this was posted farther back, due to it's position on the thread list.
  7. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

This was something that was used during the Alpha/Beta periods to ease in the process of testing things & interacting with the smaller playerbase, and was removed on the launch day patch with the server going live.

We have no intentions of re-implementing an in-game global chat system.
  8. Oldschool Nobody

Oldschool Nobody New Member

What about the guild chat (I have not joined or created a guild yet so I don't know if it is already active)? I realize that a global chat would be far too chaotic with the respective size of the current player base; nevertheless, a guild chat would be a really handy tool.
  9. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Guild chat is active and works well. Use the "\" key.

There's also party chat using the "/" key.