UOR keeps “not responding “

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Willy, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

hello I’m terrible with computers but I constantly get the white screen and the “not responding” on program when I’m running UOR. And as Murphy law would have it always at the worst times possible.
    It happens more when I have multiple clients running. Anyone have this issue or any fix? Computer is pretty old. 2012 Sony viao. That’s all I know about it.
  2. eherruh

eherruh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

What is the operating system?

On windows 7 and 10 I have found that running the client as Administrator and in Windows XP compatibility mode smoothed out my client performance a lot. Every once in a while the client will lock up when I try and log in but otherwise is smooth.
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

4. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

I want to say 10. But I’m not sure.
  5. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

sounds very much like you are not running it as admin with compatibility settings for xp sp3 and making sure that smart cpu usage is OFF / NOT checked on All three clients.

uncheck.jpg

please do the steps in the first post there. once you are certain those three things are done and if you have issues make sure that you are not using macros that have character movement in the macro itself. (example: dont use a macro that opens a door to your house and walks inside automatically for you).

edit:
    @Willy also did you download the client for UOR from uorenaissance.com? It is a custom client here so if you're using one from a previous install or something that will cause some issues for sure: http://www.uorenaissance.com/download
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    eherruh likes this.
  6. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

I did download it from the website. I will check on those other thing when I can get on and hopefully it helps. It’s hard to triple box Tamps when your client keeps crashing when you switch lol
  7. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Ok so that box was checked. I unchecked it so hopefully it runs better.
    Could have saved myself some time if I had just read the forms months ago lol. But oh well

Thank you for the help everyone!
    Dr Satan likes this.
  8. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Alright so i unchecked all those boxes and still seem to be having the same issues....any other suggestions?
  9. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Now im getting a message "Multiple Instances running. Running tow instances of ultima online at once is an unsupported feature. This will not work correctly on some systems, and is not supported my mythic tech support. Proceed?"

No idea whats going on now