UOR Purge night..

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Cheapsuit, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Just hear me out... What if one night per month, for *ONLY 4-8 hours*, there were no guards??? Doesn't have to be an entire 24 hours, but instead, just a short duration of a purge night.

Just imagine the possibilities, and how this would encourage having allies and player interaction in general. Am I just some crazy noob, or does this have potential?
  2. Hadrian

Hadrian Well-Known Member

'Purge night' seems to happen still with the use of poison fields, quite often. I've come across one a day as of late.
    Folks killed at the bank, followed suit by their mounts. While the swine walk free back through gates. Razor double click speed > guard speed.
    Bodies picked on by the vultures.

Don't get me wrong it is amusing: in it's own way, to watch, - though not satisfying, while the targets aren't random.

How does this benefit the community? Join a CTF match, or take your gripe out on the field... Don't think like a stinker.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  3. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

This would never happen. However I do think it would be cool to have a server war night at Brit GY in similar fashion. Server Wars always bring out a lot of people who typically wouldn't otherwise join in on pvp.
    PaddyOBrien, Hadrian and One like this.
  4. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Jesus Is King likes this.
  5. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member

I believe if implemented carefully, it could be very successful and fun for most people.
    Hadrian likes this.
  6. Hadrian

You'll enjoy the server Halloween event that's coming up.
  7. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Feel free to report this to the staff if you see it happen. Checking the accounts of players that engage in this behavior fairly often leads us to other abuse, rule breaking etc.

Also I would like to verify that the guards are reacting to this proper and that it stops once the player accumulates 5 murder counts.

As for the other things, there is a culture in UO that if there are no players at the banks the server is a failure. On the same hand if there are players at the bank they must be killed and convinced to not idle at the banks. And sadly the amount of players that share both beliefs is more than I would imagine exist.

I once saw a player log in, 50 fencing kill everyone at the banks and then log into irc to complain about not being able to find people in town.

We are all fine with town killing, but if anyone witnesses it being done on an industrial scale please alert the staff immediately.
    PaddyOBrien, Leif, One and 1 other person like this.
  8. Hadrian

I'll let the players effected make that choice. It isn't my place. (they might even enjoy it, who knows)
    I'd imagine you've seen more than I ever will.

The tales you could tell, now those are worthy of some verse.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  9. Reginald

Reginald Well-Known Member

Cool idea but let me expand on it. Purge night - forced darkness despite light levels - random town invaded by monsters and bosses - Lord British doesn't regain territory until the town has been taken back and every monster killed. Imo I would allow PvP but its debatable weather it should be a switchable mode. Maybe have check points where when it's been regained, guards can be called to that zone. Unsure if there should be any reward or not but that should be debatable too.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    Holden and Cheapsuit like this.