Update!! Attention Adventurers (Role-Players)

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jittery Sauce, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Jittery Sauce

Jittery Sauce Member

There have been a strong gathering of people brainstorming ideas that are creating a storyline to start from. We currently are 5-7 strong, getting to 7-10 would be great. We will be starting out as a traveling society working together to form a strong community. To form any long lasting community you need to maintain a strong economic presence. We hope to get to a point where we only buy from one another with in this community. To do so we need resources and craftsman to help shape these resources into a work of progress for the community.

Skills Needed:
    - Craftsman skills
    - Combative Craftsman (Example: Blacksmith/Mining/Mace/Tact/Anat/Heal, Carpenter/Lumber/Sword/Tact/Anat/Heal, Mage/Scribe, etc.)
    - Combative Resource Gathers (Be able to hold your own and gather resources, ore, lumber, etc.)

Other Skills:
    - Combative Mage or Priest (mage/eval/med, etc.)
    - Scout (Stealth Archer)

All characters are available to join regardless of skill set. The reason these skills are broadcasted is to achieve our economic goal. We would like to become a fully self sufficient community. The Idea would be to only buy items from your merchants and you don't have to be a craftsman to be a merchant (explained shortly). To add to this, adventurers (those who PvM) would sell unwanted items, to craftsmen that have the skill of that item or merchants. For example, If I am a fencer and i find a item that i can not use i would sell that to a merchant so he can sell to a fencer needing that item. So you're now thinking well why can't the fencer adventure be a merchant and sell to whoever. Well you can but here is where the structure to our community comes in to play.

Each character can pick a Primary and Secondary position. A position is a title of a few branches of the community. Although in the starting stages there is only one branch available which is the citizen branch. You may pick two of these categories listed.

Citizens Branch:
    - Adventurer
    - Merchant
    - Craftsman (multiple craftsman abilities)
    - Town Crier
    - Cook
    - Bartender/Waitress/Waiter
    - Fishermen
    - Hunter
    - Blacksmith, Carpenter, Alchemist etc.
    - Citizen (commoner, retired, etc.)

As the community grows and actions are made internally and externally branches may be added as well as tittles. To recap on our first update of a bases for our beginning and the start of a great storyline. We are looking to grow this community into a strong economy. We will be roaming the land and visiting cities as we harvest the areas we travel in. We will set up outpost as funds come in and there is a need. We have an area to retreat to and where the stone will be. We will still be placing houses in areas we are traveling to if space is available. We will hold marketplaces and meetings in cities we are near at the time. We accept new characters you must RP (don't talk out of character, act a "fool", and have a decent attire and name). Anyone can create a event at this starting stage of the guild (resource gather, hunts, market day, etc.)

There are so many brainstormed ideas for the future but we need to focus on a basic ground work first. Bring everyone in game as we bring everyone in an OOC sense helps this actually feel like a new starting society. Once there is a strong economic backbone different plots and situations will cause other areas of this community to spark and grow.

A in game official start will happen most like next weekend. We do have characters in game and communicating already so you can join the push at anytime. If you have any questions or concerns please message me. Some things may be placed in the future and i can't respond on as much.

You can also find us on IRC #UOR-RP
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  2. AzathothTheMan

AzathothTheMan New Member

Hello, I am new to the game but have read your posts concerning this subject and i am pleased to say that i am very interested in joining. I started today and have a terrible day and am looking forward to making the expirence better. That said i am new so im not so sure what i should be doing but this seemed like the first logical step.
  3. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

Hi Azatoth, join the RP channel to meet us (i am at work though) in IRC, we are getting more people every day and brainstorming ideas.
  4. AzathothTheMan

AzathothTheMan New Member

Im sorry but IRC.......?
  5. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

IRC is an environment for online chat where you can talk to all players.

You can join it here: http://www.uorenaissance.com/irc

when you're logged in there are 3 channels, type in the chat box (at below) /join UOR-RP to join the channel.
  6. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

http://uorforum.com/threads/village-of-paws-roster-of-adventurers.6404/

Also, in case you haven't seen this thread, I ask that review and sign up for the Paws adventure roster. When I am able to play I will usually try to prepare fun loosely story based adventures. All shard members are welcome to participate.

I have found a way to send mass 1 time notifications via mIRC and I think everyone interested in this thread would be likewise interested in a Paws adventure

Jupiter Greystone
    ReZon likes this.
  7. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I couldn't sign up for the Paws adventure roster any faster. Done. Hope to see you in IRC and in-game, Azathoth. Welcome to the shard!

Jittery - looks good. I'm looking forward to our first big get-together.