Virtues/Champ spawn

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Zyler, May 24, 2013.

1. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

About 10 days ago or so, I noticed my Valor was of Knight status. I was able to start the Champ spawn and we worked it. I received 6 plat as mage in the end just casting. About 3-4 days later, I noticed my Knighthood status had lost 9 bubbles. I thought that was really odd. Someone said something about killing undead recently but that doesn't make sense - I don't kill that many undead MOBs. I intended to report days ago and was told to do so after I shared my story with a friend last night.

So last night, we did another champ and I thought I did well. Even though I died and stayed in area as ghost as I retrieved another character (a dexxer) but I ended up rezzing my mage/bard I was using to continue. In the end, I did gain 5 bubbles back and am now 4 away from Knight of Valor.

Although this Virtue is not defined, I thought it odd that I lost 9 bubbles so fast.

Also, during last night's Champ - I was surprised not to get any plat even tho we worked down the Champ (Neira) so much. After the deaths and loss of several pets by others, and I casted and casted but no Plat. I was told it had something to do with the Champ healing in my presence however I am not sure.

Notice Champ is at ~40%, we had down to ~20%. This was after my rez/return.
    [​IMG]

End game is that me and another were very disappointed after spending 4hrs of working the spawn, then the Champ to receive no reward. I do understand staff is implementing changes to address killing the MOBs to add to points however the risk/time/reward wasn't worth it. Honestly it was frustrating not to get any plat (or anything else) after Flame Striking and Ebolting the Champ as much as I could. The other player who inflicted large amounts of damage with pets and eventually died was frustrated as well.

While I know many things are a work in progress, Im curious why I lost so many Valor bubbles in so little time... and of course after inflicting so much damage on the Champ, why I didn't qualify for a reward (my presence with Champ healing?). Thanks.

On a side note, my Semita ad Compassionem is coming along well. ;)
  2. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

on losing Valor, I must have advanced the spawn
  3. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Ez will have to clarify on Valor but that sounds correct.

As for working the champion the chance to earn platinum is based on doing a minimal amount of damage to him, and staying within range.

If you are to far from the champion when he dies, no platinum will be awarded. If you are dead when the champion dies, but did enough damage, the platinum is awarded to your corpse.

In patch 38 two new features are being added to make champions more rewarding. While killing the champion related spawn you have a small chance to earn a platinum coin on each kill, placed directly in your backpack.

Also should a creature you kill during the spawn drop a platinum coin by normal means, and you are within a reasonable range, the coin will be automatically awarded to the largest damager.
  4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

Use of the valor virtue to both start an inactive champion spawn, as well as advance an active spawn that started by natural means will consume an entire level of the virtue. Both of these actions will reduce your valor level down to 2nd tier. Valor also decays over time, just as all virtues do.

This is a rather technical situation, but ill try to clarify in better detail what most likely happened in this instance.

If a group of players were engaged with the champion, and were able to damage him down to near death, but were then all killed or forced to retreat & regroup or restock on supplies, the champion (if magical) would begin to heal himself & restore lost hit points. If he were left unattended for too long, depending on his mana pool & skill in meditation, it is entirely possible that he will be able to restore a large amount of health, or possibly even back to his full potential. Healing a champion, either by means of it healing itself or another player(s) healing it, does not have any influence on the amount of damage a player has dealt to it nor does it affect or modify the formula & weigh the outcome of any players being awarded platinum.

However, what has likely happened here is that on the first initial "attempt" to slay the champion, the highest damager for that "attempt" was also the highest damager in the previous attempt to defeat him. Because the champion was allowed enough time to heal itself of such a large amount of hit-points, the range of total damage any one player could normally do has effectively doubled (or +75%~ depending on exactly just how much it restored itself). If the same player in both "attempts" were to be the top damager, this would also raise the minimum damage required for all others players in order for them to be eligible for platinum awarding.
  5. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

This is interesting. Are you saying that eligibility to receive platinum is related to some proportion of the damage dealt by the highest damager?

My best understanding of the mechanics was that 6 players could receive platinum based on meeting a minimum threshold of damage. But I would say that at times characters don't receive plat that I would expect to. The health has been increased significantly and say 6 people are present and are on screen and have a 15 minute window to deal damage (as well as assist healing pets and clearing additional spawn), it seems that what is most common is that only 4/6 or 5/6 of the players receive platinum.
  6. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

Correct, however the exact formula for this we have intentionally withheld from making public knowledge, but you must deal an amount of damage to the champion relative to the highest damagers amount in order to be eligible for being rewarded platinum, in addition to the other prerequisites as well.

There is no limit to the amount of players that can be awarded platinum, this was changed a few patches ago. If there are 20 players participating in a champion spawn, all 20 of them can receive platinum if they all were to meet the requirements.